Keyswitches for work/school?

Norman_the_Owl

Yeah I just asked matias and they sent me them.

They didn't send me the matias ergo pro I asked for tho :(

Hey, it's something

at least that is something lol

Better than what the rest of the forum can seem to offer up, lol

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Hey, it's something

Better than what the rest of the forum can seem to offer up, lol

agreed I just had the impression that he hadn't really used the switched based on his review thread because he never said how he used the switched as in having a keyboard or switched and at the end said he would buy one so I got the feeling that he was reviewing what he had read elsewhere or based on his apple keyboard alps lol

agreed I just had the impression that he hadn't really used the switched based on his review thread because he never said how he used the switched as in having a keyboard or switched and at the end said he would buy one so I got the feeling that he was reviewing what he had read elsewhere or based on his apple keyboard alps lol

Well I added a sound recording of all them so.... ;)

Either way, I'll edit my review a little

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well I added a sound recording of all them so.... ;)

Either way, I'll edit my review a little

I didn't check your recording I assumed it was the one off their website

I didn't check your recording I assumed it was the one off their website

Nope, I held my not very good mic to my model m, k70, apple adjustable keyboard, and the keyswitches. I even held the keyswitches on a keyboard, as it sounded much more like a keyboard then.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if you saw it on reddit someone stole my shit lol I have posted it now in its own thread here as well as a few times in random places and geekhack.

@TheProfosist may have something to say about alps or at least about the mx switch modding and switches

@spwath has an old alps apple keyboard

not much ive only had that matias board that looks like a apple keyboard.

not much ive only had that matias board that looks like a apple keyboard.

Damn.

And @spwath's AAK is a different type of alps switches, so basically nobody has used a real vintage alps switch it seems.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Damn.

And @spwath's AAK is a different type of alps switches, so basically nobody has used a real vintage alps switch it seems.

There are so many variations of ALPS that its highly unlikely.

Well what i'd have thought is there are so many at least a couple of people have run into them.

How did you like the Matias Switches, and which variation were they?

I figured it nothing else you could comment on clears, ergo clears, stickers, lube, trampoline mod, and orings you know your usual switch talks

I figured it nothing else you could comment on clears, ergo clears, stickers, lube, trampoline mod, and orings you know your usual switch talks

Hey, i understood some of those words! :D

Damn.

Yeah.

Going to be making a mechanical keyboard soon, and am wondering what you guys recommend as a relatively quiet switch.

I currently use MX blues, and that obviously isn't going to do for most work environments.

I was considering MX clears, Ergo Clears, Alps White/Cream (Vintage!) and Matias Quiet click switches.

What are your recommendations?

Don't suggest browns, I'd use ergo clears instead for the more pronounced bump. I want actual tactile feedback, not reds with a grain of sand on them.

My only concern about the Matias switches is they sound sort of rubbery, can anyone testify as to how they actually feel?

Get an apple keyboard. Its the best for gaming Kappa

Well what i'd have thought is there are so many at least a couple of people have run into them.

How did you like the Matias Switches, and which variation were they?

The APLS in the Matias board I used were before they made their own and are the clicky variant.

I have tried the Matias Tactile which are quite nice but cable and keyboards make it had to choose those.

yep I could. Anyone interested though?

Hey, i understood some of those words! :D

:P

yes... yes we are

I didn't read did I?

Personally I love browns because they feel good and aren't so clicky that If im in a skype call or on the phone people here literally everything. A friend of mine has clears and they feel just as nice but with a slightly more pronounced click. I've tried Quite clicks at a computer store before and they felt pretty good, not as tactile feeling but definitely nice and quiet.

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't read did I?

What was this about again?

What was this about again?

talk about clears ergo clears and other things like that lol

about this...

Going to be making a mechanical keyboard soon, and am wondering what you guys recommend as a relatively quiet switch.

I currently use MX blues, and that obviously isn't going to do for most work environments.

I was considering MX clears, Ergo Clears, Alps White/Cream (Vintage!) and Matias Quiet click switches.

What are your recommendations?

Don't suggest browns, I'd use ergo clears instead for the more pronounced bump. I want actual tactile feedback, not reds with a grain of sand on them.

My only concern about the Matias switches is they sound sort of rubbery, can anyone testify as to how they actually feel?

You could do blues and o-rings, or if you want super silence, browns and o-rings. Personally I love the feel of blues, and the sound doesn't usually bug me since I usually use headphones, but they are pretty annoying without a constant stream of music or explosions and gun fire. Anyway, that's my two cents, happy keyboards!

ASU