What is your personal greatest tech-related achievement?

NJM1112

I don't mean like "I was able to build a computer on my first try!".

What's something a little more obscure that you're proud of doing?

I'll go first: When i was 14 I taught myself Binary and Hex conversions. I can do them in my head, I can to single and double digit numbers rather easy but high triple digits (Dec) will throw me.

Side Note: When i got up to Algebra 2 math in my school i was asked how old i was since i was a year ahead. I held up 4 fingers.

EDIT: less confusing

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

You're 15? Bawlin'

I would say my greatest tech achievement would be... 

Well crap. I haven't done anything. 

:-{

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You're 15? Bawlin'

I would say my greatest tech achievement would be... 

Well crap. I haven't done anything. 

:-{

Nope, age on profile. --->  17

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

Getting my windows xp laptop to work with the windows 7 homegroup. Which is, according to microsoft, not possible.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Had the exact same thing, just a bit less. I taught myself binary at 14 too and how to convert from dec to bin. I just recently learnt hex out of necessity. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I made a LG DVD burner go up in flames.  :D

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

The impossible:

I broke a Nokia 3310

end off topic, I win.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

The impossible:

I broke a Nokia 3310

end off topic, I win.

me and my friend tried to do that we only dented it

I made my own battery powered lego desk fan out of an old 10mm case fan. Not that hard but only thing other than that is me building my PC.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

The impossible:

I broke a Nokia 3310

end off topic, I win.

i...i'm sorry i just cant believe you and if this is true i think you should get an award from nokia

my achievement was building my first html based website i coded it from scratch after my dad showed me some of the basics of html notting much but i was like 13 when i did it so i got really excited

Nope, age on profile. --->  17

Side Note: I'm one year ahead in math so when i got up to Algebra 2 in my school i was asked how old i was. I held up 4 fingers.

1111 in binary = 15.

I'm lost.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The impossible:

I broke a Nokia 3310

end off topic, I win.

are you Bizarro? :o

uhmm other then having no life and gaming till I drool on a few too many keyboards that when im tired I switch to my old membrane :P

I repaired a broken motherboard that was stepped on with my grandpas solder gun when i was 5, I taught myself how to use one, on that same motherboard :>

I was proud of my little self :D

this was back when dos was relevant 

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

The impossible:

I broke a Nokia 3310

end off topic, I win.

And this years nobelprice winner in the field of...... Something. i present to you @looney

1111 in binary = 15.

I'm lost.

"when i got up to" I tried to put that sentence in past tense. Was it not?

"when i got up to" I tried to put that sentence in past tense. Was it not?

Completely skimmed over that, my bad.

† Christian Member †

I downloaded, installed & used Windows 8 on launch day without crying about Metro.  :P

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I downloaded, installed & used Windows 8 on launch day without crying about Metro.  :P

YES:-)

BRAIN: intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 ghz stock voltage. GPU: ZOTAC GTX 770*2, both @ 1300mhz core 7900mhz memory. 
CASE: custom painted Fractal Design R4.        SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 pro.    STORAGE: 2TB WD NAS.                 MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE z87x-ud3h
PSU: Corsair 760.    LIGHTS: NZXT hue.          FANS: 4 NZXT rifle bearing.          RAM: 2*4GB patriot black mamba.    CPU COOLER: Noctua NH C12P with NZXT 140mm fan.  

YES!

BRAIN: intel i5 4670k @ 4.0 ghz stock voltage. GPU: ZOTAC GTX 770*2, both @ 1300mhz core 7900mhz memory. 
CASE: custom painted Fractal Design R4.        SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 pro.    STORAGE: 2TB WD NAS.                 MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE z87x-ud3h
PSU: Corsair 760.    LIGHTS: NZXT hue.          FANS: 4 NZXT rifle bearing.          RAM: 2*4GB patriot black mamba.    CPU COOLER: Noctua NH C12P with NZXT 140mm fan.  

I got the fan of an overclocked 7850 to turn off.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I broke a Nokia 3310

xqefEH.jpg

I broke a Nokia 3310

me and my friend tried to do that we only dented it

I broke a Nokia 3310

i...i'm sorry i just cant believe you and if this is true i think you should get an award from nokia

I broke a Nokia 3310

are you Bizarro? :o

I broke a Nokia 3310

And this years nobelprice winner in the field of...... Something. i present to you @looney

All I did was drop it when someone bumped into me.....

While i was programming a Titanium teeth industrial shredder.....

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

finding a use for a driver CD

IMAG0045.jpg

Ok- that's pretty cool.

I'd do this if i could find a good CD that didn't have all these stupid words on them.