[rant]I'm tired of false geeks, aren't you?

Misanthrope

Mind telling me the point then? It's a tech forums. Most of us are tech geeks. So what is the point in ranting about them on thier forum?

It's an off topic forum section: it has no point but to chit chat and have fun. This is my idea of chatting and having fun, not my back in forth with you mind you, but the points I was discussing with @Stijncat for example

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's an off topic forum section: it has no point but to chit chat and have fun. This is my idea of chatting and having fun, not my back in forth with you mind you, but the points I was discussing with @Stijncat for example

Even he was offended.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

This should be kinda a little more calmed. A off topic thread about "what is your opinion on false geeks" thing, with a poll and conversations.

Right now, you called Anime fans the really creepy otakus over there, the smelly, awkward, rude idiots speaking broken japanese that use every other phrase to quote some stupid cartoon, you made fun of the Star Wars fans, that CELEBRATE THEIR YEARLY THING, join in the rest of the stupid motherfuckers everywhere "Oh may the 4th be with you!", you called Justin Bieber and One Direction fans a little girl obsessed over Justin Beaver or One direction, and you screamed to me I hope it puts a smile on your face cause it surely feels good to "win" an argument with lame ad hominem. 

I really want the dictionary that you use to define discussing and geeks. It must be a blast to read!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

This should be kinda a little more calmed. A off topic thread about "what is your opinion on false geeks" thing, with a poll and conversations.

Right now, you called Anime fans the really creepy otakus over there, the smelly, awkward, rude idiots speaking broken japanese that use every other phrase to quote some stupid cartoon, you made fun of the Star Wars fans, that CELEBRATE THEIR YEARLY THING, join in the rest of the stupid motherfuckers everywhere "Oh may the 4th be with you!", you called Justin Bieber and One Direction fans a little girl obsessed over Justin Beaver or One direction, and you screamed to me I hope it puts a smile on your face cause it surely feels good to "win" an argument with lame ad hominem. 

I really want the dictionary that you use to define discussing and geeks. It must be a blast to read!

Really? I screamed over the internet with text alone? Whatever you say.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm passionate about things outside tech, automotive stuff to be precise, so I'm a proper geek in that respect. I have a Ferrari and Maserati racing hat, a bunch of Ferrari shoes and one of my favourite shots (that admittedly, I took, is hanging on my bedroom wall) is of a F12 on a track. You'll notice that I like Ferrari, largely because they're some of the best cars I've driven. 

Am I not allowed to show my likes and dislikes? Am I not allowed to have items or showcase what interests I have? Is that being a "false geek"? Wtf is that? Am I now some sheep that exists as a "false geek" only to buy shit from people who want to exploit fanbases? I don't get your argument. 

84izN6v.jpg

w6gTi6g.jpg

I like Skyrim and Halo, a lot. The lore of both universes is something I appreciate, its as well crafted (in my mind) as JRR or Rowling or any large, epic fantasy universe thats been out and about for people to enjoy. I even have two statues of them. Am I not allowed to have the, according to your broke ass rants about "false geeks"? Should I not have shit like this to show proudly to others? 

The hell do I have to hide? I'm not ashamed. Why should anyone else be? 

The only insecure person here is you, you almost sound like a goddamn hipster with your attitude. Congrats, you don't buy into things or like discussing them. Don't shit over those that do. Do you have the same objections towards sports fans or those who analyze the stock market or those who collect shit? Cause you seem like the kind of kid who goes to such people and asks "why do you waste your time over these things" 

Gain some perspective, grow up. 

As a geek I do what I want and don't much care what haters like you think. I also don't much care what or how other people are geeky.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

As a geek I do what I want and don't much care what haters like you think. I also don't much care what or how other people are geeky.

Well if you are a geek my rant wasn't really directed at you, but false geeks. I made the distinction abundantly clear: Fair weather fans is what I mean.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Are you mocking me because I post Anime gif?

Because he had a hard drive.

So your problem is the people that pretend to be geeks?

Because you kinda offended, like, every fan base. Like ever.

1. Justin Bieber
  2. 1 Direction
  3. Doctor Who
  4. Star Wars
  5. Anime
  6. Marvel

if you're offended by this thread and what OP wrote, you're probably part of the problem.

personally, if I were OP and got these types of reactions I'd probably humor you and say "ok, sorry" 

because a good chunk of what OP wrote is acceptably accurate, despite the the delivery being somewhat rough. 

tons of you are missing the point and crucial concept of the original post

Well if you are a geek my rant wasn't really directed at you, but false geeks. I made the distinction abundantly clear: Fair weather fans is what I mean.

I'm OK with them too, they're either directly or indirectly contributing to a society that engages in liking things that do more than just tickle their lizard brain. By being consumer whales about Sci-fi and fantasy we're going to create a generation of kids that likes science and books and thinking instead of honey boo boo and nascar.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Unless they're directly threatening you, why take notice of them or even care? They're pumping money into something you are passionate for and thus keeping it alive and making more people aware of it which keeps it around.

Now i'm quite a fan of a few bands, Slipknot & Metallica being two of my all time favourite bands to see live. Over the years at their gigs I have seen casual fans, hardcore fans, fan girls who're obsessed over one member with Slipknot it's either Corey Taylor or in the past it was also Joey Jordison, those fan girls vanished once he left the band. These people have never bothered me, they spent money to see that band, and if you ask me i'm cool with that because if it wasn't for this demand by casual fans, or those who only care about 1 member of the band, i'd probably never get the chance to see them live as many times as I have. I'm a fan of many bands, and some bands just cannot justify coming to Australia because the fan base just isn't there or sometimes it's barely enough to make enough on a tour, like I am pretty certain i'll probably never get to see Dope live again unless they get on a festival here.

TL;DR I think fake geeks/fans/fakewhatevers keep some things alive and generate a lot of interest and benefit the hardcore fans keeping it around longer than it could've been otherwise.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Or you could just, you know, take the high road and not flip out about things that cannot be controlled and will never change.

I do whatever the fuck I want and yes, I own a few MLP plushies so I guess that makes me a, "whale of society," as well.  I could rant about this for hours, but I would rather spend my time enjoying my life instead of arguing about pointless anecdotes on the internet.

Short rant over.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

in current use, the word typically connotes an expert or enthusiast or a person obsessed with a hobby or intellectual pursuit