3470 - H100i Idle temps too high?

Well that's why you are running hotter on idle..You are locked at 3.8ghz and you don't drop to 1.6ghz on idle and your voltage is a constant 1.12..

Those temps are normal running at that speed and voltage with no downclock on idle..

That'll do it lol 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

That'll do it lol 

Having under clocked it back to stock speeds and voltages, the temperatures only drop around 2C to around 39C! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Having under clocked it back to stock speeds and voltages, the temperatures only drop around 2C to around 39C! 

After your post I am more and more inclined to think about that IHS.. If your temps didn't drop then there is a problem, on stock I'd expect 20s ... 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

After your post I am more and more inclined to think about that IHS.. If your temps didn't drop then there is a problem, on stock I'd expect 20s ... 

I've contacted Corsair about the problem and I'm currently wait for them to get back to me. It's not just that, it's the fact that there is almost no improvement from the stock cooler; this is what's leading me to believe it is a h100i problem! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

I've contacted Corsair about the problem and I'm currently wait for them to get back to me. It's not just that, it's the fact that there is almost no improvement from the stock cooler; this is what's leading me to believe it is a h100i problem! 

Well then sort it out with Corsair, If you can get a new unit then great.

Can you tell me the H100i liquid temp?Should be in Corsair link..

Can you tell me the H100i liquid temp?Should be in Corsair link..

30C

See my Build here!