OC 2500k at 5 Ghz

I got quite lucky, my chip reached 5 ghz yesterday at only 1.35 - 1.38 volts (fluctuates). I've been using it since, playing games, it seems perfectly stable in all applications I'd normally use it under. 

It past Intel extreme tuning stress test for 1 hour, as well as prime 95 blend for 2 hours. 

I tried Intel burn test, at very high stress level, and it passed 8 of 10 runs, but on the 9th I got a BSOD. Burn test pushes the temperature far too high, so I won't run it again. Frankly I don't think it's quite necessary to push it quite that much. Each run took 60 seconds at 128 Gflops/sec speed. I increased the voltage by another 0.005 volts after the bsod, I think it would be stable even in the burn test now, but again.. the temperatures are reaching 80 celcius in it. Not worth trying again. 

In any other benchmark, they barely go over 65 celcius.  ;)

I'm using a Corsair AX860i for power, Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 motherboard, a 2500k cpu of course, and a swiftech H220 for cooling (a beast). 

post-17754-0-71200500-1373842049.jpg

http://valid.canardpc.com/2863587

I do have a quick question though, as per my understanding, increasing the voltage on my cpu will shorten the lifespan of it, even if the temperatures aren't very high? In stress tests (excluding the monster ibt) they don't go over 65 celcius, and while gaming they don't go over 55. Idles at about 30-35 depending on ambient temperature. With the voltage between 1.35 and 1.38 at load, (but reduced to 1.0 at idle and 1.6 ghz freqency) will it shorten it by much?

Keep in mind I've already had this cpu for close to two years now. Although I've done no overclocking on it at all until I started about a week ago. I'm looking to have it last for another year or so at least, that would be ideal, are the odds pretty good it will make it that far? 

Yeah more voltage will degrade the cpu quicker, you can clearly see this with the guys using LN2 to subzero-cool their chips, dno how much itll affect your chip but yes more voltage=less life for cpu after some point 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883