[HTML] A bit of web design help....

improbablepants
Go to solution Solved by Tedster,

This is probably the simplest thing to do, but I cannot figure out how. Inside of an <ol> tag, when it is centered, the numbers stay at the left. How would I get those to move over with the words?

attachicon.gifnmvb.png

^That is what I am talking about. Any advice?

Really simple solution: Have it not centered and do some really ghetto spacing to get it all lined up.

Take a look here:

From: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19364836/how-to-center-ordered-list-number-in-html

You are aligning texts in the body.

Try this:
<html><body> <h4 align="center">HEADLINE</h4>    <ol class="center">    <li>First Item</li>    </ol> <style type="text/css"> .center { text-align: center; list-style-position:inside;}</style> </body></html>
Hope this helps !

This is probably the simplest thing to do, but I cannot figure out how. Inside of an <ol> tag, when it is centered, the numbers stay at the left. How would I get those to move over with the words?

post-144965-0-42776000-1430499324.png

^That is what I am talking about with the numbers on the left. Any advice?

CSS and HTML are attached if you want to look. Its not published yet, so ignore relative links, or any other inconsistency. 

FreeStyleinfo.html

FreeSTYLE.css

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

attachicon.gifnmvb.png

^That is what I am talking about. Any advice?

Really simple solution: Have it not centered and do some really ghetto spacing to get it all lined up.

Take a look here:

From: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19364836/how-to-center-ordered-list-number-in-html

You are aligning texts in the body.

Try this:
<html><body> <h4 align="center">HEADLINE</h4>    <ol class="center">    <li>First Item</li>    </ol> <style type="text/css"> .center { text-align: center; list-style-position:inside;}</style> </body></html>
Hope this helps !

Sig under construction.

Take a look here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19364836/how-to-center-ordered-list-number-in-html

This. You could easily just throw it all into a Div  and float: it :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

-snip-

That did it. Thanks!

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |