pro audio gear, your experience!

mr moose

What do you like? what have you done? what would you like todo?

I have been mad about pro audio gear  since I was old enough to lift a pair of speakers.  I started out making all my own gear (amps speakers, mixers, what ever I needed) I was poor.

I now do voluntary installs for churches and charities as they typically don't have the cash to get professionals in. It means I am constantly trying squeeze every last drop of performance out of cheap entry level equipment, A challenge that I secretly love.

My favourite amps are QSC and Behringer

I don't have favourite speakers but were quite impressed with some warfdale 12" units I installed once.  And of course my white 12" party speakers.

favorite mics are the audio technica fixed goose neck and the trusty old sm58.

The best mixer I have ever used was a 20 year old soundcraft desk, very basic 32 channels and just clean, very clean sound.

looking forward to hearing from others.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Where would you like me to start?

Where would you like me to start?

from the beginning but maybe just the highlights? favourite mic, speakers, amps, mixer?  what did you think of the first digital or class d amp you ever saw/used?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

from the beginning but maybe just the highlights? favourite mic, speakers, amps, mixer?  what did you think of the first digital or class d amp you ever saw/used?

SM58 - the cure to pretty much any problem except for choirs.

Favourite speaker? Depends what for. QSC KW122's you can't really beat for versatility. 3 channel onboard mixer and plenty of power to support it + active cooling.

Class D amps - while the weight is a benefit, I still prefer the old Crown MacroTech's.

SM58 - the cure to pretty much any problem except for choirs.

Favourite speaker? Depends what for. QSC KW122's you can't really beat for versatility. 3 channel onboard mixer and plenty of power to support it + active cooling.

Class D amps - while the weight is a benefit, I still prefer the old Crown MacroTech's.

I've seen choirs done with large diapham studio condensors. Not an intuitive solution but the result was good.

I've seen choirs done with large diapham studio condensors. Not an intuitive solution but the result was good.

Better than nothing I guess.