Never get a cracked screen again: Bulletproof super-glass developed

ahhming

Well can't wait to see this on smartphone. About time we start getting glass that will prevent scratch or shatter.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'm pretty sure making the glass that resilient means that you would be snapping the fucking motherboard in half instead of the screen, but the end result is a bricked phone anyways.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Haha, I've only cracked 2 displays. It's really not hard. One was a 3 inch fall onto a tile floor. Completely shattered the screen and broke the LCD.

The other was me sitting on a log at the beach with my phone in my back pocket. Luckily it's just one crack, and the panel is mint.

Do you use a case? If so, that's likely why you haven't.

I do use a case, though one that you take your phone out of completly before you can use it. Its an iphone 5 right now and there are quite a few scratches at the corners, though nowhere near broken the screen. I'ved dropped it a few times from standing height onto tile kitchen floor.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The moment when you realize Phantom Glass no longer has the beat darn screen protectors out there...

The moment when you realize Phantom Glass no longer has the beat darn screen protectors out there...

^ Was thinking the same thing. How can Phantom Glass be the best darn screen protectors out there if this new material is the best darn screen protector out there? The best darn screen protector out there market has surely just gained some new competition between two rivaling best darn screen protectors out there.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

It may be bulletproof, but does it withstand the impact of a 3310 ?

Anyone can learn this stuff from an episode of mythbusters. Hyneman made something out of crushed soda cans epoxied together, covered with tile, and back with thin aluminum sheet.

All you need is something hard, like ceramic, to break the initial energy of the round, and something flexible but tough, to "catch" the round.

Don't start making your own body armor though, I saw some nutjob do that on television a couple of years ago. His 30-06 went straight through it.

It also got him arrested afterwards, but that's a whole other story.

For $999.99 ! Get it now !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Once they figure out how to mass produce it, the price will drop anyway.

They said the same thing about saphhire glass and I still don't have it on my iPhone.

Two things I am thinking of though. It should work well for things like a window to an armored vehicles BUT would it be so clear and easy to work with for a smartphone? If it can be used as a lens then probably but IDK we will see. Technology is SOOO COOOL!

Anyone can learn this stuff from an episode of mythbusters. Hyneman made something out of crushed soda cans epoxied together, covered with tile, and back with thin aluminum sheet.

All you need is something hard, like ceramic, to break the initial energy of the round, and something flexible but tough, to "catch" the round.

Yeah I know, was just joking. :P

- snip-

but is it Austin's nipple resistant? tongue.png

But when do you ever encounter a wild Austin's nipple?

Every topic I post in dies.

I dont understand how you can crack your phones screen anyway - all the way back to my ipod 2 i havent gotten a single crack in any screen ive owned - and believe me i've smashed them in the ground several times...

It's random luck sometimes.  I've dropped my phone hundreds of times, but only had the glass actually break twice.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

They said the same thing about saphhire glass and I still don't have it on my iPhone.

Perhaps because they have learned how to mass produce it?

At some expo when you want to test the best screen protector out there.

At some expo when you want to test the best darn screen protectors out there.

FTFY

Every topic I post in dies.

When you're walking on the grass, be careful though. Unexpected things might occur.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I hate when people say it's bulletproof. You're trying to tell me this glass on a phone will stop a .50 BMG or a .700 Nitro express? come on.