Do you buy boxed editions of the game just to have a box?

bydus

I bought gta 5 disc version even tough I don't have a dvd drive(borrowed usb dvd to my brother) and I downloaded it from the internet. It was the same price as digital and I like how it looks on my desk. I'm considering buying Witcher 2 and Elders Scrols Anthology as well because of the box and the things it comes with. Anyone else like that or all prefer digital copies of the game ?

I bought gta 5 disc version even tough I don't have a dvd drive(borrowed usb dvd to my brother) and I downloaded it from the internet. It was the same price as digital and I like how it looks on my desk. I'm considering buying Witcher 2 and Elders Scrols Anthology as well because of the box and the things it comes with. Anyone else like that or all prefer digital copies of the game ?

Exactly what i do with PC and PS4, just to bulk up the collection and eventually bragging rights.  

For example: Remember when you actually got a box with a game?? 

:D

I do, or did. I seem not to buy them very often now. I liked the maps and would read unit types when i was young deom manuals, ah times have changed.

I do like having physical copies of games but unfortunately I am running out of space in my games room. My new rule is.... If getting a collectors edition then I will get a physical copy, also get physical copies for console games.

The one thing I never download is movies... I like to have a physical movie collection :)

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I don't just for the box. I more prefer to get them because then I have a physical item for my money as opposed to a file on someone's server. Also, because something like GTA V would take ages to download.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I still buy old games and console games.

Yes I like having the boxes and stuff, but don't have a problem with Steam libraries or something

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't just for the box. I more prefer to get them because then I have a physical item for my money as opposed to a file on someone's server. Also, because something like GTA V would take ages to download.

GTA5 took like 20 max 30 min to download :P

I am moving towards boxed games more and more just because of the big download sizes and slow internet I have... 300kb/s is a pain in the a**

GTA5 took like 20 max 30 min to download :P

Impressive. That's actually quicker then my friend installing from the discs.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I wish I could but I dont have the space for boxed copies, I have over 500 games on steam, then add to that console games and a back catalog fo old PC games

I would need a whole second house for game boxes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii