Audi Has Made Diesel From Water And Carbon Dioxide

givingtnt

First of all nothing is 100% efficient because there is gravity on our planet. Then there is friction. And then there is entropy, every system will lose some energy that is turned into work.

I always wish our world is this perfect , text book world ... Then everything wouldn't have to be so complicated .. Oh my childish brain ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

But I thought Energy don't disappear , they just turn from one form to the other ... 

It's a theory and I was hoping that it would be possible ... Oh well ... 

As ZetZet said, probably not in the dimension of a car.

The energy that you need is just for heating the compounds until the chemical reactions take palce. The chemical energy that you have won by that is a lot smaller than the thermal energy that you had to put in in the first palce.

A way to supply the energy would be by the sun, which, for us is pretty much unlimited. That, and using catalysts which bring the energy barrier for the reaction down.

who cares...

The energy that you need is just for heating the compounds until the chemical reactions take palce. The chemical energy that you have won by that is a lot smaller than the thermal energy that you had to put in in the first palce.

A way to supply the energy would be by the sun, which, for us is pretty much unlimited. That, and using catalysts which bring the energy barrier for the reaction down.

But then again if we talk about energy from the sun all we need is for batteries improve a little and electric power is just so much more efficient in every way.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But then again if we talk about energy from the sun all we need is for batteries improve a little and electric power is just so much more efficient in every way.

Oh I would love to live until every house , wall , every street , lamps , backyards , ... is covered with solar panels ... We just need the price to turn down significantly . ( Yes I sometimes let my imagination run very wild ... )

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Oh I would love to live until every house , wall , every street , lamps , backyards , ... is covered with solar panels ... We just need the price to turn down significantly . ( Yes I sometimes let my imagination run very wild ... )

Actually solar panels are not that expensive when you look at it. You just need that initial investment. The real problem is the amount of sun we get during the day. The closer to a pole the worse it gets, further north you need rotating solar panels which are expensive and big.

It's also a paradox since you actually need less energy near the equator.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Actually solar panels are not that expensive when you look at it. You just need that initial investment. The real problem is the amount of sun we get during the day. The closer to a pole the worse it gets, further north you need rotating solar panels which are expensive and big.

It's also a paradox since you actually need less energy near the equator.  :lol:

Yeah I heard about somewhere placing rotating solar panels on a mountain ( Sweden maybe ? ) 

Wind energy could be another option but it's not practical for main lands in Europe ... 

Yeah I heard about somewhere placing rotating solar panels on a mountain ( Sweden maybe ? ) 

Wind energy could be another option but it's not practical for main lands in Europe ... 

Wind energy is very loud and takes up huge amount of space can't be put anywhere there is life. Not practical anywhere but ocean coasts in my opinion.

Water, solar, nuclear three best power sources we currently have. Geothermal is the 4th great one, but also hard to use in some places.

Spoiler

Wind energy is very loud and takes up huge amount of space can't be put anywhere there is life. Not practical anywhere but ocean coasts in my opinion.

Water, solar, nuclear three best power sources we currently have. Geothermal is the 4th great one, but also hard to use in some places.

Have you heard about power plants that get energy from waves/Tides ? Also , Geothermal is awesome , I heard about it in Ireland , I believed ? Not sure ...

And have you heard about the advancement in wind energy ? It won't be as big , just the size of a normal tree with the turbines being the leaves . Very cool . You should check that out .  

Have you heard about power plants that get energy from waves/Tides ? Also , Geothermal is awesome , I heard about it in Ireland , I believed ? Not sure ...

And have you heard about the advancement in wind energy ? It won't be as big , just the size of a normal tree with the turbines being the leaves . Very cool . You should check that out .  

Geothermal is used everywhere. In Lithuania geothermal heat pumps for heating houses are fairly popular. Just not used to produce electricity as much.

Actually wind turbines are fairly efficient in comparison to their theoretical maximum already that is why I don't have much faith in them.

Spoiler

But I thought Energy don't disappear , they just turn from one form to the other ... 

It's a theory and I was hoping that it would be possible ... Oh well ... 

energy = exergy + anergy

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Wind is very much doable with the newer designs, no towers. You have flying wings, tethered to the ground with turbines where engines would be. You also have kites that use the force on their tether to rotate an axle on a massive generator. Both have been featured in TED Talks. 

But, what I am hoping for is Thorium Batteries. Or thermal nuclear batteries in general. Power your whole house with a canister the size of a pringles can.

This means that they can also make gasoline by 'cracking' the diesel. 

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015