Skylake Leaked Benchmarks

hal9001

Yes it's very nice but do you know what is nicer more then 10% increase in performance. It's almost like Intel is aiming for a 10% boost in performance every time.

Oh yeah I agree. That's why I only upgrade every few generations. I have a I5 4670k, there's no reason to upgrade yet. Maybe for Cannonlake :o

Let me guess 10% increase in overall performance and lower power consumption. All I need to do is confirm. Oh look what a surprise I was right. If only AMD would stop being shit.

10% would be an order of magnitude improvement, compared to the 1% increases from generation to generation we have been getting from intel in terms of gaming performance.

Disappointed to be honest. I've been sitting on Sandy Bridge for so long, was set to wait for Skylake. 4 core parts still mainstream, have to resort to X99 or wait even longer...

I have a used 4790K barebones available to me relatively cheap, debating whether to grab it...

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

10% would be an order of magnitude improvement, compared to the 1% increases from generation to generation we have been getting from intel in terms of gaming performance.

Maybe games need to be created with multithreaded optimization in mind. Single core performance improvements seem to be at a standstill. Why not run programs on more than one thread and utilize the 4-12 "cores" found in many high end pcs built with the intention of good gaming performance.

Disappointed to be honest. I've been sitting on Sandy Bridge for so long, was set to wait for Skylake. 4 core parts still mainstream, have to resort to X99 or wait even longer...

I have a used 4790K barebones available to me relatively cheap, debating whether to grab it...

The only way you'll help change Intel's scummy strategy is by not buying anything with Intel in it. Though second-hand is at least better than new.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Oh yeah I agree. That's why I only upgrade every few generations. I have a I5 4670k, there's no reason to upgrade yet. Maybe for Cannonlake :o

I just got a 5820k last year just so I wouldn't need to upgrade for at least 5 years. I will probably keep it for 10 I hope. It's completely pointless having the extra cores though, they do nothing even with rendering and conversion software, devs just don't give a crap about coding for more cores. It is really annoying though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

no, 900% improvement is an order of magnitude of difference. 10% is less than the base total.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The only way you'll help change Intel's scummy strategy is by not buying anything with Intel in it. Though second-hand is at least better than new.

Yeah, I'm not exactly excited about the upgrade. I have a nonK i5 2400 chip from a budget build that served me well but it's showing it's age. If I could OC, I would hold off a while longer.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Yeah, I'm not exactly excited about the upgrade. I have a nonK i5 2400 chip from a budget build that served me well but it's showing it's age. If I could OC, I would hold off a while longer.

I have a 2400 in one of my PCs, it's not bad. Better than an overclocked AMD 860K or 750K at least. At least there aren't any consumer GPUs bottlenecked by a 2400.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have a 2400 in one of my PCs, it's not bad. Better than an overclocked AMD 860K or 750K at least. At least there aren't any consumer GPUs bottlenecked by a 2400.

I got the barebones kit earlier. Going from a i5 2400 on H67 to 4790k on Z97. 

Well it looks like I'm retaining Sandy Bridge after all.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

These are not real benchmarks. These are predictions based on aggregated performance gains.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

These are not real benchmarks. These are predictions based on aggregated performance gains.

That is true but what indication is there to expect anything beyond incremental upgrades? It takes a Athlon type of ass kicking before Intel reacts properly.

That is true but what indication is there to expect anything beyond incremental upgrades? It takes a Athlon type of ass kicking before Intel reacts properly.

Intel is proactive, not reactive, and Intel made a guess and lost with Netburst. So what? IBM's enough of a force in the HPC space to influence Intel right now. AMD is just icing on that cake.

I would as well, Zen and Cannonlake will be what I would be targeting. If Zen delivers a K8 blow to Intel then they will have no choice but to step up their game with Cannonlake instead of these ~5-10% increments which are nothing more than gains from die shrinks.