Designing my mancave

Tadgh

First, why are you living in a shell? (Sarcasm)

Okay, actual suggestion. A rollup tarp to project stuff on. A small chair in front of the projector for shadow puppets. Will edit when i think of more ideas.

You sir, have earned my respect..

That's a nice idea, the roll up tarp will probably be a descending screen though tbh ;). Thanks!

Stay following for inbound pictures!

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I'll get some when I get home :) Reckon I should start a build log for it?

you should, it'd be great!

Wharfedale 9.1 Diamonds either side of the screen, and a Wharfedale S120 Sub to accompany them. I listen to a lot of music when I work/am generally about, so those are pretty much the main feature of the room - they're gonna have to do for the projector screen for the meantime I think! I could get a surround dealio going downstairs in the future mind!

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I have a friend who has a home cinema, and he is using some Logitech wall mounted 5.1 surround sound speakers which just hang in the corner of the room and they sound really good, I think that will be my next upgrade to my setup. And yes you should do a build log for it!

you should, it'd be great!

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I have a friend who has a home cinema, and he is using some Logitech wall mounted 5.1 surround sound speakers which just hang in the corner of the room and they sound really good, I think that will be my next upgrade to my setup. And yes you should do a build log for it!

Looks like I've got a new project! 

There's gonna be a video series of sorts probably going along with this because why not, but this is Linus's forum so I'm not gonna post the first video (I made last night) up out of respect, if you really wanna see it PM me, if not rest assured I'm gonna make a big post with pictures and all, working on that now infact :) 

Thanks so much for your help guys! This is turning into a lot more than it was originally gonna be, and I'm happy about that!

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

Looks like I've got a new project!

There's gonna be a video series of sorts probably going along with this because why not, but this is Linus's forum so I'm not gonna post the first video (I made last night) up out of respect, if you really wanna see it PM me, if not rest assured I'm gonna make a big post with pictures and all, working on that now infact :)

Thanks so much for your help guys! This is turning into a lot more than it was originally gonna be, and I'm happy about that!

i want dat video.

@Wind and @mdnorman38 - build log in my description!

A small conventional oven for heating up pizza pockets and stuff.

Induction charging on the whole of the desk

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

In my mancave I would want a wall mounted PC that shows off all my stuff. Of course I don't have one as I am 15 and poor, but...

I'd say that's very doable! I'm 16 and poor so I feel you there ;)

A small conventional oven for heating up pizza pockets and stuff.

Induction charging on the whole of the desk

That sounds awesome, but like, price..

The charging though, could probably be arranged.. IDK, looking at some cool power arrangements rn :)

That sounds awesome, but like, price..

The charging though, could probably be arranged.. IDK, looking at some cool power arrangements rn :)

Nah dude, a tiny oven for like pies and pizza pockets and stuff costs like $35 at Kmart which is the Aus version of Walmart I guess

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

@Tadgh If you were to give me a rough sketch of the room with dimensions I could hand draw a blueprint for you. I've been a project manager for high end residential construction for a while. I'm sure I could help you out with a general idea on how to manage the space, lighting, etc. I'd prefer the measurements in Imperial units, but I can convert to metric if need be.

I've done a few gaming caves in my day.

That would be wonderful! Thanks so much!

Well as we're working with a new space here it's probably gonna be a vanilla rectangle at about 21.5ftx19.5ft

I'm afraid I'm on the move right now so I can't provide you with any sketches, but if they'd help just let me know and I'll pull something up when I get home :)

That would be wonderful! Thanks so much!

Well as we're working with a new space here it's probably gonna be a vanilla rectangle at about 21.5ftx19.5ft

I'm afraid I'm on the move right now so I can't provide you with any sketches, but if they'd help just let me know and I'll pull something up when I get home :)

Just let me know when you can get me a quick sketch. I need to know where all of the doors and windows (if there are windows) are and how wide they are. If you don't know the dimensions on them I can guess based upon U.S. standards.  

Also, It would be nice to know how large your server racks are. I've got something special in mind for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Just let me know when you can get me a quick sketch. I need to know where all of the doors and windows (if there are windows) are and how wide they are. If you don't know the dimensions on them I can guess based upon U.S. standards.  

Also, It would be nice to know how large your server racks are. I've got something special in mind for them.

Dear kind Mr.Riddlesmith.

Plans have changed now, but I have all the more need of your help!

If you're still willing to help I can supply you with immediate to-scale floorplans of the new arrangements. How would you feel about helping me design a whole house in a room? Can I PM you? 

No techie mancave is complete without some kind of old technology display. This can run from an entire wall sized bookcase filled with old motherboards and video cards and such, to something as simple as a 5.25" DOS 3.2 boot diskette stuck to the side of your computer case with a refridgerator magnet.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."