Weird sound distortion in Turtle Beach headset

Hello everyone!

My head set is Turtle Beach's EarForce PX11 and for sometime now the headset has had faint static noises in the background even when nothing was running. Since the sound was very faint, and because I couldn't hear it while playing games, I decided to ignore it.

But a couple of days ago the static got a lot louder and I could hear it while playing any game, running any application, or just idling. I tried updating my motherboard's audio drivers, but the sound was still there and just as loud. I plugged in my speakers, which had no distortion whatsoever. So know I know that it's the headset that's making the distortion sound.

I would appreciate feedback if you might know how to fix it or if you know what's going on!

(I don't want to go back to earbuds  ^_^ )

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

@Psychemm does it work with USB or audio jack?

If with USB, make sure there is a stable voltage connection.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

@Psychemm does it work with USB or audio jack?

If with USB, make sure there is a stable voltage connection.

It works with both a USB and headphone jack

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

It works with both a USB and headphone jack

Do you mean powered by USB, sound by headphone jack, or can you use either?

MXRFcIy.png

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Do you mean powered by USB, sound by headphone jack, or can you use either?

I'll try and follow topics more  :D

I'm not sure which is which actually. When I only plug one of them in, I can hear the distortions. When I plug both of them in, I can hear application/game audio and the distortion.

I'll try and follow topics more  :D

I'm not sure which is which actually. When I only plug one of them in, I can hear the distortions. When I plug both of them in, I can hear application/game audio and the distortion.

Try listening to music while only using USB. If you hear nothing but distortion, than it's USB powered.

Basic guide to CPU's!

Try listening to music while only using USB. If you hear nothing but distortion, than it's USB powered.

It's USB powered.

It's USB powered.

Oh s***, you have the same BS that I need to deal with (thanks Razer).

Here, try this. Grab a power outlet --> USB thing, that you use to charge your batteries.

Put your USB thing from your headset into that power-outlet-USB thing, and see if the static is gone.

Basic guide to CPU's!

Here, try this. Grab a power outlet --> USB thing, that you use to charge your batteries.

Put your USB thing from your headset into that power-outlet-USB thing, and see if the static is gone.

Even if all the connections are to the PC itself, does the headset still have an internal battery?

And by that "power outlet --> USB thing", do you mean like that block that you use to charge idevices? I always thought that USB connector was for it's mic  :P

(P.S. - Sorry I'm late posting. I just ate ^^)

Even if all the connections are to the PC itself, does the headset still have an internal battery?

No idea what you mean by that :P

And by that "power outlet --> USB thing", do you mean like that block that you use to charge idevices?

201012252241027263_123944986.jpg

(P.S. - Sorry I'm late posting. I just ate ^^)

Doesn't matter, I'm about too eat too :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

The power outlet to USB thing I'm talking about is this:

post-192885-0-23944500-1430067191.jpg