Bodybuilding/Strength Training

xnoobftw

Any bodybuilders/Powerlifters/Strength trainers out there?

I have been visiting the gym for the past 1 and a half years and i wanna know whether i did good progress or not

I've done mostly bodybuilding exercises for the first one year and reverted to strength training for around half a year now

I am now currently 76kg @ 195cm of height 

My PRs (personal records) are as following

Bench : 35kg each side 1 rep (90kg bench press bar to chest standard no bouncing off chest)

Squat : 100kg squat 2 reps ass to grass standards

Deadlifts : 160kg 1 rep conventional With straps and belt

Shoulder presses : 53 kg 2 reps bar to upper chest and extended all the way up

Lemme know what you guys think :)

I think my body fat % should be around 10-15% range (my abs are showing slightly but not as obvious)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

You see this is a computer forum computer nerds and body builders don't really go together

I did this through out my teens but when I got to college I stopped. Id be happy to help but you need to convert your numbers so I can have some form of reference.

Specificly speaking you are lifting more than your own weight so I would say you are doing good.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I am working out at the moment, I am not into power lifting but more into body building. I've been going for a few months now (I used to go for a year, two years ago). I am not into dieting and so on but I cut out the snacks and evening eating. Well, two months and I can see changes. I need to lose 15KG (95kg atm) and I do not look like 95kg xD Body toning is what I am after the most.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

if you squat just past 90 degrees, whats your PR, kus ur dead lift is amazing for your size, but the squat doesn't seem to match that

You see this is a computer forum computer nerds and body builders don't really go together

I have tons of computer nerdy and body building friends :P

I did this through out my teens but when I got to college I stopped. Id be happy to help but you need to convert your numbers so I can have some form of reference.

Specificly speaking you are lifting more than your own weight so I would say you are doing good.

Im not really following a specific diet (i eat whatever i want whenever i want xD)

How is the progress for 1 1/2 years? :o

Just to help out fellow US of A citizens

Bench: 198lbs

Squat: 220lbs

Deadlift: 353lbs

Shoulder Lifts: 116lbs

(Rounded to the nearest pound)

@Jaybird I just did

Thanks! :)

I am working out at the moment, I am not into power lifting but more into body building. I've been going for a few months now (I used to go for a year, two years ago). I am not into dieting and so on but I cut out the snacks and evening eating. Well, two months and I can see changes. I need to lose 15KG (95kg atm) and I do not look like 95kg xD Body toning is what I am after the most.

Hmmm so you're trying to achieve the aesthetics? :o

Im on a seafood diet ( i-see-food and eat diet :P)

I clock in around 5-6k calories on the weekdays and 7-8k on the weekends (due to school im not able to eat like mad D:)

I bench all the time. I benched 970 the other day. GTX at that. 

xD

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

I bench all the time. I benched 970 the other day. GTX at that. 

beauty_shot_small_2.jpg

That's not a 970... 

if you squat just past 90 degrees, whats your PR, kus ur dead lift is amazing for your size, but the squat doesn't seem to match that

Im squatting all the way (which i think i should stop doing LOL) Like literally lower thigh to calf contact when im all the way down.

I have no idea why i cant squat much at all.... My calves makes my legs look like a pair of chopsticks D: It's only my quads that are of okay size :)

https://instagram.com/p/zCLEjGNeqa/?taken-by=tadrandomperson

Here is my 150kg attempt like 10 weeks ago  :)

I've been going to the gym for a while now but never tried to max weight

Standard i do

4x15 70kg squats

3x12 80 kg deadlift

4x12 55 kg bench

4x15 35kg shoulder press

of the exercises you named

I mostly do isolation exercises now so those are not as ocurring as before

im 60 kg and 170cm

My cousin who I think is 20 now.. In highschool the most he ever benched was like 450lbs. 

He's HUGE!    And he loved showing off by doing one arm jumping push-ups. 

Correction- I asked him and it was 420lbs not 450

Im squatting all the way (which i think i should stop doing LOL) Like literally lower thigh to calf contact when im all the way down.

I have no idea why i cant squat much at all.... My calves makes my legs look like a pair of chopsticks D: It's only my quads that are of okay size :)

https://instagram.com/p/zCLEjGNeqa/?taken-by=tadrandomperson

Here is my 150kg attempt like 10 weeks ago  :)

I've had a lot of weight lifting experience, played college football in the US, I've seen guys hurt their backs and knees squatting too low, people joke around and say you can't get too low but its actually not good for you joints, just go past 90 degrees of knee flexion, try a wider base of support with toes slightly out, squat 2 times a week and make sure ur eating a ton of carbs and protein (peanut butter jelly sandwhiches are my favorite and cheap) 

Overall nice work man! Keep it up

I've been going to the gym for a while now but never tried to max weight

Standard i do

4x15 70kg squats

3x12 80 kg deadlift

4x12 55 kg bench

4x15 35kg shoulder press

of the exercises you named

I mostly do isolation exercises now so those are not as ocurring as before

im 60 kg and 170cm

Nice! You're actually pretty strong :)

My cousin who I think is 20 now.. In highschool the most he ever benched was like 450lbs. 

He's HUGE!    And he loved showing off by doing one arm jumping push-ups. 

Correction- I asked him and it was 420lbs not 450

Woah LOL 

Im 17 btw xD

I've had a lot of weight lifting experience, played college football in the US, I've seen guys hurt their backs and knees squatting too low, people joke around and say you can't get too low but its actually not good for you joints, just go past 90 degrees of knee flexion, try a wider base of support with toes slightly out, squat 2 times a week and make sure ur eating a ton of carbs and protein (peanut butter jelly sandwhiches are my favorite and cheap) 

Overall nice work man! Keep it up

Are you still lifting now? :) 

Ah i'll try not to squat too deep from now on (thanks for your advice man! :)

Yeap! Im piling on tons and tons of rice and meat everytime with vegetables for like6-8 meals a day! :D

Any comments for my form in the video?

Many of my friends criticize me for *bad form* (which IMO isnt really all that bad) even though they are deadlifting something like 20kg each side for like a max of 5 times before giving up (worst of all they didnt give up because they couldnt do it but they just hit the 5 rep mark) for their last set

Any bodybuilders/Powerlifters/Strength trainers out there?

I have been visiting the gym for the past 1 and a half years and i wanna know whether i did good progress or not

I've done mostly bodybuilding exercises for the first one year and reverted to strength training for around half a year now

I am now currently 76kg @ 195cm of height 

My PRs (personal records) are as following

Bench : 35kg each side 1 rep (90kg bench press bar to chest standard no bouncing off chest)

Squat : 100kg squat 2 reps ass to grass standards

Deadlifts : 160kg 1 rep conventional With straps and belt

Shoulder presses : 53 kg 2 reps bar to upper chest and extended all the way up

Lemme know what you guys think :)

I think my body fat % should be around 10-15% range (my abs are showing slightly but not as obvious)

When I was 7%, it was kinda gross to me. But chicks digged it :)

Next time you change up your routine, try 100's.

Pick one exercise for each body part you plan to train for that day, do 1 set -100 reps.

Weight is not important. You will feel the burn.

Nice! You're actually pretty strong :)

Thanks, still the weakest one of my friends :P started a couple of months ago and im also 17.

Im not really following a specific diet (i eat whatever i want whenever i want xD)

How is the progress for 1 1/2 years? :o

well you did not tell us what your original body weight was and how much weight you were lifting when you started. for all i know you could have only increased 2% over that time period to which i would say, thats bad. I need more specifics to give you a better idea. as you are lifting, it is ok to eat what ever. you need the calories and protein to build mass and strength. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Are you still lifting now? :)

Ah i'll try not to squat too deep from now on (thanks for your advice man! :)

Yeap! Im piling on tons and tons of rice and meat everytime with vegetables for like6-8 meals a day! :D

Any comments for my form in the video?

Many of my friends criticize me for *bad form* (which IMO isnt really all that bad) even though they are deadlifting something like 20kg each side for like a max of 5 times before giving up (worst of all they didnt give up because they couldnt do it but they just hit the 5 rep mark) for their last set

This is my first year off from football and lifting so I'm giving my body a break for now. I mostly do plyometrics/cardio/body weight stuff and I have maintained my weight and strength and actually look better lol BUT I do miss it, making gains and seeing my numbers go up. 

that diet sounds great, can't go wrong with lean protein and vegetables through out the day (work just as good if not better than supplements) 

For any heavy lifting(well for any lifting lol) its ALWAYS better to have perfect form and less weight compared to a higher number and bad form. 

Looking at your video, if you improve your form you will lift a lot more, your back should be straight throughout the lift (yours had a bend), your chest and head should be looking up during the entire lift, drop your butt and lift from your hips rather than your back, If you want to keep lifting for a long time, I recommend doing this so that you can reduce back strain and strengthen your quads and hip extensors. Practice with much lighter weight and slowly increase weight through out the weeks, if you see your back curving when someone video tapes you then lower the weight and strengthen your core until you can keep it straight. 

let me know if this makes sense/have any other questions 

-snip-

Ah yes, I forgot to tell you about this cool way of working out. You work out three times a week in the morning always, on empty stomach. You have  protein shake 20 minutes before workout and 40 minutes after workout. The energy is taken directly from fat deposits (if you have any) and the muscle grows from lean calories from the protein shake. You do not eat anything until 12:00. You can read more about it here- http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/02/05/why-restricting-your-eating-time-period-to-8-hours-will-transform-your-health-fitness/ I'll be starting this next Monday and hope it will work as people say.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Actually they do. Paszabiceps, kevin tweedale, heaton perfect example.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

well you did not tell us what your original body weight was and how much weight you were lifting when you started. for all i know you could have only increased 2% over that time period to which i would say, thats bad. I need more specifics to give you a better idea. as you are lifting, it is ok to eat what ever. you need the calories and protein to build mass and strength.

When i first started lifting i was probably 184cm~ @ 63kg (give or take 1-3kg/cm) at 10 percent body fat!

This is my first year off from football and lifting so I'm giving my body a break for now. I mostly do plyometrics/cardio/body weight stuff and I have maintained my weight and strength and actually look better lol BUT I do miss it, making gains and seeing my numbers go up.

that diet sounds great, can't go wrong with lean protein and vegetables through out the day (work just as good if not better than supplements)

For any heavy lifting(well for any lifting lol) its ALWAYS better to have perfect form and less weight compared to a higher number and bad form.

Looking at your video, if you improve your form you will lift a lot more, your back should be straight throughout the lift (yours had a bend), your chest and head should be looking up during the entire lift, drop your butt and lift from your hips rather than your back, If you want to keep lifting for a long time, I recommend doing this so that you can reduce back strain and strengthen your quads and hip extensors. Practice with much lighter weight and slowly increase weight through out the weeks, if you see your back curving when someone video tapes you then lower the weight and strengthen your core until you can keep it straight.

let me know if this makes sense/have any other questions

Hmmm sounds good! I'll give it a try! What are your views on supplements like protein powder? I personally have never taken them before..