Vacuum CLeaners

Number

Hi!

Im not sure if its just me but does anyone else have an interest in vacuums? If not just post what vacuum cleaner you have.

Numbre

true-cyclonic.jpg

I have the 566Q (The third one in) from Gary's Vacuflo. It's the most powerful single motor vacuum they make (and the most powerful they would install in our home without replumbing the house.

true-cyclonic.jpg

I have the 566Q (The third one in) from Gary's Vacuflo. It's the most powerful single motor vacuum they make (and the most powerful they would install in our home without replumbing the house.

I've always wanted a central vacuum! Im a collector so I have like 6 vacuums. I have an old Hoover Convertible from around the 80's. It beats. as it sweeps. as it cleans!

Numbre

I'm a bit of a clean freak so I have several vacuums but I wouldn't call myself a vacuum enthusiast. 

I have a Shop-Vac on the wall in my garage, A large upstanding Hoover, and a small hand held dust-devil.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm a bit of a clean freak so I have several vacuums but I wouldn't call myself a vacuum enthusiast. 

I have a Shop-Vac on the wall in my garage, A large upstanding Hoover, and a small hand held dust-devil.

Is the hoover new or an older model?

Numbre

Not really into vacuums at all. But i'll reccomend this if you've got pets

universal%20vacuum%20cleaner%20pet%20hai

I own a cat. But you'd never know it thanks to this. No cat hair anywhere^^ 

Mine is just branded as a "Pet hair nozzle". Not sure what the correct term is though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

can't go wrong with a dyson, I have the yellow version before they came out with the Ball

It's seen it's better days, the height adjust doesn't work anymore, and i've lost some of the attachments. Still going strong though!

Dysons are baaaaaad, the reason they are popular is the massive amount of advertising they do. Go get one with a bag instead, you can never go wrong with German Miele or AEG.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

can't go wrong with a dyson, I have the yellow version before they came out with the Ball

It's seen it's better days, the height adjust doesn't work anymore, and i've lost some of the attachments. Still going strong though!

I used to be in love with dyson! But after I found out that they can clog easily (due to the small hole to where the dust goes through) I wasn't too enthusiastic about dysons anymore. Now I love sanitaires due to because they have a fan instead of a hole where the dust goes through to reduce clogging! To be honest, vacuums today in design are getting really bad! Ever since disgusting TTI Floor Care bought out Dirt Devil, Royal, and Hoover. Old vacuums did it best!

Numbre

Is the hoover new or an older model?

Uhhh... 5-6 years old I would guess.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Got a chance to try out the Dyson. IMO it's too bulky and using the hose attachment was a pita. Speaking of Dyson, saw a few at Target the other day and there was this animal version. It look exactly the same as the non animal one, except for the color and price. For the price of that Dyson animal, you can get a single GTX 980 or 2x GTX 970 in SLI.

The animal version does have some difference compare to the non animal one like a few extra attachments and the way it picks up pet hair.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Dysons are baaaaaad, the reason they are popular is the massive amount of advertising they do. Go get one with a bag instead, you can never go wrong with German Miele or AEG.

Recommend me some alternatives then, I'm a vacuum NOOB! It's still got some life in it, but who knows when it'll die

I used to be in love with dyson! But after I found out that they can clog easily (due to the small hole to where the dust goes through) I wasn't too enthusiastic about dysons anymore. Now I love sanitaires due to because they have a fan instead of a hole where the dust goes through to reduce clogging! To be honest, vacuums today in design are getting really bad! Ever since disgusting TTI Floor Care bought out Dirt Devil, Royal, and Hoover. Old vacuums did it best!

Yeah I think that was the largest complaint with the ball versions, I haven't had any clogging issues on mine though. My floors are filthy though, I only vacuum like maybe once every 3 months. I end up having to empty the can 3-4x per room lol

Shark-Navigator-Lift-Away-Vacuum-Model-N

I have one of these guys. 

Recommend me some alternatives then, I'm a vacuum NOOB! It's still got some life in it, but who knows when it'll die

Where do you live and what's your budget?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

When I worked at Target we had some of the older style industrial ones. They worked great, but they were kind of loud. At my current work both of our older ones finally died (one was super cheap) and we replaced them with some Shark thing. It does a good job and is incredibly versatile, but the whole damn thing is plastic and it squeaks like crazy. The house that I lived in while I was in elementary school had a central vac system. I remember it doing a good job, but little 4th grader me had some issues with getting the long hose around the house. 

My mom has this one at home. It is getting kind of heavy for her, and parts are duck taped on. I think its about time she gets a new one. Plus the bags for it recently shot up in price at local stores. 

http://www.searsoutlet.com/Progressive-Upright-Vacuum-with-Inteli-Clean-System-Slate-Blue/d/product_details.jsp?pid=16593&mode=seeAll

Any recommendations? I don't know what her budget would be, but I would imagine somewhere around the orig. price of her current one. We have kind of a medium plush carpet. No dog or cat right now (although we are still finding dog hair from December) but we will likely get another large breed dog in the next few years. What is good for stairs? Right now we use a hand held dirt devil thing. 

Hahah this thread is awesome! :D love it! 

Pretty cool to see there are enthusiasts in this sector, Mr.OP :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

This is pretty random, I'll give it that. On topic however, I've two dysons at home, one upstairs and one downstairs. Never had an issue with them clogging up before, although on the older one the belt and bearings for the brush wore out, so I had to replace them recently. I've only had dysons so far as I remember as I've never had a major issue with them not working, they clean well and I prefer filterless and bagless, much easier to clean, cheaper to run and maintain.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I've always wanted a central vacuum! Im a collector so I have like 6 vacuums. I have an old Hoover Convertible from around the 80's. It beats. as it sweeps. as it cleans!

It's quite powerful, I'll give it that. A couple years ago I was vacuuming our laundry room and accidentally sucked up one of my dad's socks that was hidden underneath our dryer. (Not a good thing for central vacuums!) But the vacuum pulled it though and suction was restored 10-15 seconds later. 

Where do you live and what's your budget?

I live in the US, and my budget is 0$...cause I'm broke af right now lol

Just point out some good vacuums, I wouldn't go too in depth in it all. I'll probably be buying a new vacuum here in the next year or so when I move out. It's always good to at least have some ideas.