Google’s Nexus 6-Exclusive Wireless Service To Reportedly Set Sail Tomorrow

flexar

I wonder what the prices will be like O.o

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The thing is it's only for the Nexus 6 but hopefully it goes well and they try to expand it.

No fair that it's only for the Nexus 6, a phone that isn't better than the Nexus 5. It should be for all Android devices, being coming from google.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It doesn't use traditional methods of phone service, I am not to sure the inner workings so it might only be compatible for the Nexus 6.

Can people please put effort in their posts, or just not post at all? Also, that source requires you subscribe. Worthless.

0bd4773c6171eec7bb5c53b81afa9178.png

(click for better source)

Google trying to make one more thing awesome so others can follow, I hope.

As previously talked about, Google is launching a wireless carrier TOMORROW. However, it's not going to be its own carrier, it's going to piggy back off of Sprint's and T-Mobile's networks, Google is said to focus on WiFi as the key to their service. Unfortunately this is expected to work only on the Nexus 6, previous Nexus devices or other phones entirely aren't going to be allowed on this network, but it would be nice to see that change in the future.

Interestingly enough, customers are to pay only for the data they use, which I actually like as long as the charges aren't ridiculous. I've been selling plans for both AT&T and Verizon for awhile now, and I find it atrocious that they charge you out of arse for going over the agreed data, after taking away unlimited options. T-Mobile's implementation I've favored at least, so we'll see what Google has to offer.

As previously leaked, the service is said to run on Sprint and T-Mobile's networks, and only work on the Nexus 6 (above) at first; the phone is expected to be able to switch between the two networks depending on which signal is stronger. The WSJ also says that customers will be able to pay only for the data they use, rather than buying a set amount each month and losing the unused portion.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

If you have to pay full price for the phone, then Republic Wireless is a much better choice for that kind of phone service.

Lord of Helium.

Only the future will tell what the rest of the companies make of this. Hopefully google pulls this off without a sweat, and sets a good example. 

T-mobile is the only carrier I find that doesn't screw you over for data usage... it's kinda depressing if you think about what options you have in the US.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

No fair that it's only for the Nexus 6, a phone that isn't better than the Nexus 5. It should be for all Android devices, being coming from google.

the phone has to support that dual carrier tech

new phones probbly will l have it , and it will probbly exapnd

ios 9 is planning to have it, but i dunno if google will alllow iphones, but they might

Damn Google expanding everywhere.

In 2 decades they could be producing everything technology related and be the top dog (very bad for everybody).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

what about Nexus 4? they should give all nexus users some love!

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch