MacBook Pro 2880 x 1800 retina LCD as a self stand PC monitor

WereCat

Hi, so there is this article (it's in Slovak language so sorry for that) http://dsl.sk/article.php?article=14359. But basicly what is there is that -

Slovak guy called Daniela Rozsnyó invented board with interface that can use 15.4"  220ppi MacBook Pro retina LCD as a PC monitor.

He is connecting it through display port. The power feed is anywhere betwen 9-18V. Backlight power consumption is 8W and LCD panel 2W. 

Daniel is also planing on making a stand for this LCD. In future he is also planing on adding HDMI or SDI. Board should cost about 99 bucks. He should start selling it in August.

He is showing it there http://dp2mbpr.rozsnyo.com/

He is also primary working on a profesional 4k / UHD camera with not comprimed RAW record to 200 FPS with CMOS sensors from Truesense Imaging and it should have interesting price.

I guess Apple wont be pleased. And sorry for my english.

Very nice news, looking forward for the camera..

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

actually this can be done with the ipad screen too the interface for the screen is also displayport 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

actually this can be done with the ipad screen too the interface for the screen is also displayport 

Yes it can, it was also mentioned in that article and also on his web site. But noone did it with MBP screen until now.

ive seen this done but using ipad's LCD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well... i considered 3 of these in eyefinity with a custom mount... but then realized the panels themselves would cost 3000$.