GTX 980 no boot

TwiZZexx

hey guys i realy need your help over here! 

i've just built my pc and i wanted to install the gtx 980 but i only get a black screen no bios no nothing with onboard gpu everythings ok 

need your help

Rest of your system specs?

Do you have everything plugged in correctly and securely?  The monitor is plugged into the GPU?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

650w psu

16gb ram

i7 4790k

crucial mx 100 512gb

yes everything was plugged in correctly and the fans did spin on the gtx 980 when starting the computer but only blackscreen 

i can't even get into bios or something just blackscreen

hey guys i realy need your help over here! 

i've just built my pc and i wanted to install the gtx 980 but i only get a black screen no bios no nothing with onboard gpu everythings ok 

need your help

I had the same thing happen when I used HDMI on a GTX750 Ti. I had a Display Port to HDMI adapter and then everything worked just swell. No clue what was up.

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

i used the dvi first and it worked well for the onboard gpu i installed the whole computer then i wanted to change the gpu so i shut down the pc put the gtx 980 in plugged everything in and turned the pc on... blackscreen... putting the dvi back to the onboard "no signal"

i used the dvi first and it worked well for the onboard gpu i installed the whole computer then i wanted to change the gpu so i shut down the pc put the gtx 980 in plugged everything in and turned the pc on... blackscreen... putting the dvi back to the onboard "no signal"

Yeah the same happened on that weird build I was doing. No BIOS or anything with HDMI but Display Port worked fine. I wonder if that would work for you?

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

well then i'll better get a display port ^^ i have none at home right now

Your motherboard may be using the iGPU. plug your monitor into your MOTHERBOARD video outputs to see if it works.

Does your motherboard have a diagnostic light/display? some models are able to display error codes on board.

Maybe just tell us what model of motherboard you have

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Your motherboard may be using the iGPU. plug your monitor into your MOTHERBOARD video outputs to see if it works.

Does your motherboard have a diagnostic light/display? some models are able to display error codes on board.

Maybe just tell us what model of motherboard you have

i have an asus z97 pro gamer

ye all onboard outputs work fine the hdmi and the dvi 

i have an asus z97 pro gamer

ye all onboard outputs work fine the hdmi and the dvi 

within the BIOS setings, disable the iGPU (onboard GPU) - this should then make your GPU work.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

within the BIOS setings, disable the iGPU (onboard GPU) - this should then make your GPU work.

i've already searched for that but i couldn't find it :/

i've already searched for that but i couldn't find it :/

i've managed to force boot from onboard gpu installed the driver changed the settings and everythings fine now thank you :D

nope doens't work the device manager calls out error 43 

now i've tried everything i knew but it wasn't enough 

maybe a bios update would help but i don't know how to do that :/

can you screen shot it 

• 9 months later...

sorry for the late answer but the gtx980 was doa

got a new one xD