Computer won't start up

Zullard

Hi, I am having problems starting up my computer.
When I fire it up, I hear the post-beep and see the splash on my screen.
I can then browse around in the BIOS and look at all the temps and voltages.
But when I continue to the boot of windows it either goes to Windows Repair or just shuts down, depending on if I have my SSD plugged in or not. 
When it is the first time its boots with the SSD it always goes to the Repair Utility, but after that it shows the windows splash before just shutting down.
I have no idea where these problems are coming from, because the computer has worked varying degrees earlier. 

Can someone please help me with this problem I am having?

Reinstall OS

Looks like the OS is corrupted 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Reinstall OS

Looks like the OS is corrupted 

I have now reinstalled my OS, but i still have random shutdowns. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Give me your full pc specs

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

CPU: FX-6350
MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 285
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8 Gb
PSU: Cooler Master G750M

CPU: FX-6350

MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 285

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8 Gb

PSU: Cooler Master G750M

how old is that PSU?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I have now reinstalled my OS, but i still have random shutdowns. Do you have any idea what this could be?

When it powers off, Is it a normal ACPI shutdown, or is it a hard power off (Does not allow the OS to shutdown)

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

When it powers off, Is it a normal ACPI shutdown, or is it a hard power off (Does not allow the OS to shutdown)

It shuts down completely and at once. Think that is hard power off. Not sure however.

how old is that PSU?

It's brand new. It is the second one I have. RMA'd the first one. Still quite new though, got it in february.

It shuts down completely and at once. Think that is hard power off. Not sure however.

It's brand new. It is the second one I have. RMA'd the first one. Still quite new though, got it in february.

it may mean the PSU is still having some trouble

swap to another model like the VSM or V series

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

it may mean the PSU is still having some trouble

swap to another model like the VSM or V series

Sorry, checked mye actual computer now, and I have a cx750m. There was a mistake in the specsheet.

Should that still be the problem?

Sorry, checked mye actual computer now, and I have a cx750m. There was a mistake in the specsheet.

Should that still be the problem?

Corsair CX750M

ok try with a spare PSU to verify

Corsair CX750M

ok try with a spare PSU to verify

I don't have any extra PSU, is there any other way to find out?

I don't have any extra PSU, is there any other way to find out?

borrow from your buddy?

OK this sounds like a hard power down, It sounds like a faulty power supply to me, do you have another power supply you could test to make sure with?

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

OK this sounds like a hard power down, It sounds like a faulty power supply to me, do you have another power supply you could test to make sure with?

borrow from your buddy?

Nope, and it looks like I will not be able to borrow one from my friends. Should I send in the PSU for a new one?

This is probably a lucky shot, but have you tried a BIOS reset? That's my go-to fallback when nothing else seems possible.

Also, if your BIOS has the feature, you could monitor the voltages coming out of the PSU. If they show excessive instability, that might be a strong indication of a faulty power supply. Another option would be to manually check it with a multimeter.

One more thing to check: hook up another drive and try installing Windows on that.

This is probably a lucky shot, but have you tried a BIOS reset? That's my go-to fallback when nothing else seems possible.

Also, if your BIOS has the feature, you could monitor the voltages coming out of the PSU. If they show excessive instability, that might be a strong indication of a faulty power supply. Another option would be to manually check it with a multimeter.

One more thing to check: hook up another drive and try installing Windows on that.

Can't get to the BIOS to either reset it or Check the voltages, Computer shuts down before I am able to get in there.

have you overclocked something? try managing bios settings anc check your temperatures as well. listen for any weird sounds on psu. and also try booting an other OS like linux live cd and try to put load on PC to verify if its psu problem. and again listen for any sounds psu is making

have you overclocked something? try managing bios settings anc check your temperatures as well. listen for any weird sounds on psu. and also try booting an other OS like linux live cd and try to put load on PC to verify if its psu problem. and again listen for any sounds psu is making

Again, I'm not even able to boot into the BIOS without the Computer just shutting down. I get to see the cpu temp (24C) before it just shuts off.

Can't get to the BIOS to either reset it or Check the voltages, Computer shuts down before I am able to get in there.

Have you tried that? You don't need to be in the BIOS. You can clear the CMOS (the chip holding the BIOS code) by unplugging the machine and taking the lithium battery out of the motherboard for ten seconds.

Have you tried that? You don't need to be in the BIOS. You can clear the CMOS (the chip holding the BIOS code) by unplugging the machine and taking the lithium battery out of the motherboard for ten seconds.

Have tried that now, but to no efect. Computer still shuts down immedeatly, when I turn it on.

I would RMA your current PSU

I would RMA your current PSU

I will do that and, if this still does not work I will get back to you :D

• 3 weeks later...

Changed out the PSU and still not able to boot into Windows. Got into BIOS and took this picture: http://imgur.com/MlWnlXO

Think there is something wrong with the MB?

Wow. I'm surprised your computer is get into the BIOS with such a low 12 V line... Can you manually measure the voltage to be sure that reading is correct?

Also, are you sure you cleared the BIOS? That Vcore seems incredibly high for stock... Unless that's standard on AMD FX?