Battlefield 3 Multiplayer... *SIGH*

Sir Asvald

As I've decided that I've had enough of the Call of duty series. I wanted to try out Battlefield 3 on the PC. The game is flow is OK (VERY LONG GAME), the weapons are decent in the sense that the are MUCH better guns to get. Right now I'm just playing TDM with 16 players. 

Now what I DON'T like about this game is that fact there are SO many snipers who camp as well as the people with the LMGs, and the SPAWNS are TERRIBLE. You literally spawn in front of the enemy. I've raged so many times. Also the SMGs are OP or the "player" has a better time reaction then me. 

I had a good feeling about this game.. it's let me down..

Although the Console Version seemed to OK.  

Please don't flame, These are just my opinions. Also share your opinions as well. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Very long game? Are you talking about the campaign? Because BF3 and BF4's campaign was very short. You could easily clear it in 4-5 hours.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Very long game? Are you talking about the campaign? Because BF3 and BF4's campaign was very short. You could easily clear it in 4-5 hours.

Talking about online..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Well, about the snipers its not always much more to do than always keep moving. The guns are actually pretty good when you get the hang of the recoil and spread. And about the lmgs they are usally easy targets since they are standing still, you just have to spot them first.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

As I've decided that I've had enough of the Call of duty series. I wanted to try out Battlefield 3 on the PC. The game is flow is OK (VERY LONG GAME), the weapons are decent in the sense that the are MUCH better guns to get. Right now I'm just playing TDM with 16 players. 

Now what I DON'T like about this game is that fact there are SO many snipers who camp as well as the people with the LMGs, and the SPAWNS are TERRIBLE. You literally spawn in front of the enemy. I've raged so many times. Also the SMGs are OP or the "player" has a better time reaction then me. 

Please don't flame, These are just my opinions. Also share your opinions as well. :)

that my friend is some quality objective thoughts about the game amiright ?

the game to me is really good. if you keep getting killed. why not trying to go a different route ? unless your just blind.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Talking about online..

Then find quicker game types, such as conquest. 

Unlike the COD series where everything is [normally] on the ground level and all guns are practically equal, this requires some skill. Guy keeps shooting you? Find a way to get to him and take him out. If I may ask, why didnt you get BF4?

Want a real challenge? Try Arma 3. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

It can be hard to get a grasp on at first and yes the spawns are sooooo bad. I prefer it arm and leg over any COD game. Although I did play it majorly on console so I don't know how the pc version differs.

I'm Probably at work so expect a reply either really fast or really slow :D

Then find quicker game types, such as conquest. 

Unlike the COD series where everything is [normally] on the ground level and all guns are practically equal, this requires some skill. Guy keeps shooting you? Find a way to get to him and take him out. If I may ask, why didnt you get BF4?

Want a real challenge? Try Arma 3. 

I second Arma 3 all the way.

I'm Probably at work so expect a reply either really fast or really slow :D

Do not play deathmatch. bf games are not designed or balanced for deathmatch. Only conquest derivatives and maybe rush are worth playing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

there's no point playing Battlefield3 or 4 if you only TDM...Conquest Large is where the fun is. Insanely large maps with vehicules, jets and choppers. 

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Talking about online..

Well compared to call of duty yeah it's hella longer. Call of duty matches last about 5 - 10 mins? BF series matches last 15 - 20 atleast for me

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

and the SPAWNS are TERRIBLE. You literally spawn in front of the enemy. I've raged so many times.

Uhh, you get to choose where to spawn, check if there's an enemy before spawning...

Heyyyyyyy, reading skills.

That is because TDM is not the main mode that is meant to be played in BF, Go play conquest or rush to get the real experience.

Thats what you get for playing battlefield and taking things too fast, if you want fast paced twitch reaction shooter play cod or counter strike. Honestly cod is fine, alot of fun actually. People say theres no spread or recoil, but thats the point. Its all about map knowledge, know how to approach corners and aim.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

the sniping is a huge problem, i agree but a lot of games have flaws like that, especially with call of duty. Call of duty used to be all about grenade launchers, and that was a huge problem and call of duty has more modders, so you win some you loose some....

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Personally I would go with Bad Company 2 on pc. Alot of people still play, 32 players and the games are not as long.