What speed is your schools wifi at?

I was able to get into staff wifi (yea im a badass lil motherfucker), and I tested the wifi speed and it was at 5.90mbs download and 3mbs upload, then the ping was 14ms. Pretty much a bit worse than my house wifi.

What are your schools whyphy speeds like?

I can't test school wifi, but I can max things out at 80mbps down, 40 up. And that's because of overhead on fast ethernet I would assume, or just congestion.

Sig under construction.

I can't test school wifi, but I can max things out at 80mbps down, 40 up. And that's because of overhead on fast ethernet I would assume.

never tried the ethernet at my school tbh. Im temped now. If its that fast ill just install my games at school xD

never tried the ethernet at my school tbh. Im temped now. If its that fast ill just install my games at school xD

We can't use our machines there, it's all their own computer system with constantly maxed out VM servers, weak thin clients and slow fat clients.

Some of the teachers are still using Pentium 4s with 1GB RAM.

Sig under construction.

FIXED AND DON'T TAG ME EVER AGAIN

tumblr_n08tdpgHVi1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

I'll try to remember to never tag you.

Is quoting okay then?

Sig under construction.

@Pugs501 html code doesnt work :)

do it with bbcode :)

like this:

4293896845.png

(this is at home over wireless)

Get better than that when going home (Ireland) on LTE.. :D

Can't wait till they roll it out in my area.. Free unlimited net for 30 days (and x mins and sms) when you top up by 20 yoyo's with my provider. :D

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

4293913660.png

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Student WiFi is getting throttled since apparently we're completely saturating the 200Mb line at times. But a new line is getting put down around September that'll be gigabit both ways.

I got a 100/100 result on the LAN network one time, bottlenecked by the 10/100 switch the computer was stuck on

post-155566-0-05251400-1429189282_thumb.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

We have an open WiFi for the student in our school, so i don't use it, but the wired internet at my school is pretty good.

post-45370-0-43865300-1429190685.png

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

If I bring in my wall adapter I get more or less the full 100mbps connection but as that's a bit naughty to do, the WiFi is about 16mbps but I believe it's a different network to the wired infrastructure.

2/4 of my classes

Is that the same as ½ ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Yup, getting throttled by the switch I'm stuck on. Still hardly slow by any stretch of the imagination

post-155566-0-40520700-1429191334.png

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Is that the same as ½ ?

I meant out of my 4 classes, 2 of them we do nothing, like right now.

Student WiFi: pretty good considering there's 3200 humans at my school, 99.9% of which have at least 1 device connected if not more.

1244870407.png

Internet the schools computers are hooked up to: 400mb+ 

I can't determine the full speed because they use old computers that can't handle the speed.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB