Minecraft less Lag

I am looking at reducing my lag on my mc server. The connection is fine at 650 dwn and up we have rack space. With 32 gigs of ram and 6 core pro.   I don't have lag now with only 13 people on helping build but when we get more i would like to have as little to no lag as possible.  Are there any plugins that "make" lag.  More than others.  

how many plugins are you using if you use loads that puts strain on the server RAM etc causing lag.

clear lagg unloads chunks and clears entities

:D

And a list of plugnis will be well helpful

EDIT: and if you need any help with the server i would be glad to help!

I am a happy wuffy

Have you ever hosted a server before? I hosted one from my old fx 6100 with 16gb of ram....i went on the basis that 500mb for plugins and whatnot 500mb for linux(2gb for windows) and then every 100 mb left over is a player slot...you would be able to get away with 75mb however....this means in my istuation with 16gb of ram i set

windows: 2gb ram left for windows means

14gb/75mb= 186.6666666666

= 186 player slot

Crunchbang linux: 500mb left for linux means

15.5gb/75mb= 206.666666666666

= 206 player slots

Even with my fx 6100 i was hosting for around 100-150 at a time and i had no lagg. Granted they were all in the uk but its was 100-150 players on a fx-6100 which has been known to one of the less powerful cpu's out there. You 6 core 32gb should have no problems with 315 if you give every player 100mb of ram or 400 if you give every player 75mb of ram.....as long as you have good download AND upload!!!! you should have no lagg

and to answer your plugin lagg question, no, most popular plugins are well coded to not present lagg on both client and server side that i know of. Beta and alpha stage plugins may cause some however obviously, but most of the time they dont either. Good luck with your server. I might join in aswell....if you need any help with any of the plugins or whatever then dont hesitate to ask me. :)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

First i will suggest you to update your drivers just Visit the manufacturer website to download the drivers.

If this could not resolve the problem then i have found a presentation tutorial you only need to follow the steps mention in the tutorial

http://www.slideshare.net/CarmenPomes/minecraft-15-lag-fix

I hope you will get better results

First i will suggest you to update your drivers just Visit the manufacturer website to download the drivers.

If this could not resolve the problem then i have found a presentation tutorial you only need to follow the steps mention in the tutorial

http://www.slideshare.net/CarmenPomes/minecraft-15-lag-fix

I hope you will get better results

errr.....this applies for singleplayer....hes talking about his mc server not having lagg. Still good advice =) but im guessing if his server has 32gbs of ram and a 6 core xeon his desktop should atleast be able to play minecraft maxed out just fine.....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

I own a public minecraft server, first off use linux NOT windows there's a MAJOR difference.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I own a public minecraft server, first off use linux NOT windows there's a MAJOR difference, if you have a spare GPU or you're willing to buy a 30.00 GPU then I suggest you buy it, I have an old dell precision workstation 370 but it has an upgrtaded nVIDIA gpu which is helping a TON, it only had 4gb of ram.

How does the gpu help run a minecraft server?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it shoudlnt at all help run a minecraft SERVER......gpus do however help run minecraft game.....minecraft servers cannot be gpu accelerated so a gpu will not help. Alllocating more ram for an increasing amount of plugins and players will....a more opwerful cpu will....and having fast storage will, when 60-80 players are randomly moving in different places your hardrive will start to crap out....ssds should help with that issue....also having good download AND upload will help.....also using linux is good and all but only for small servers.....your hexacore 32gb ram server will most likely not gain anything interms of performance from switching to linux......

-Anubikai

Silly mistake wasn't paying attention...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Have you ever hosted a server before? I hosted one from my old fx 6100 with 16gb of ram....i went on the basis that 500mb for plugins and whatnot 500mb for linux(2gb for windows) and then every 100 mb left over is a player slot...you would be able to get away with 75mb however....this means in my istuation with 16gb of ram i set

windows: 2gb ram left for windows means

14gb/75mb= 186.6666666666

= 186 player slot

Crunchbang linux: 500mb left for linux means

15.5gb/75mb= 206.666666666666

= 206 player slots

Even with my fx 6100 i was hosting for around 100-150 at a time and i had no lagg. Granted they were all in the uk but its was 100-150 players on a fx-6100 which has been known to one of the less powerful cpu's out there. You 6 core 32gb should have no problems with 315 if you give every player 100mb of ram or 400 if you give every player 75mb of ram.....as long as you have good download AND upload!!!! you should have no lagg

and to answer your plugin lagg question, no, most popular plugins are well coded to not present lagg on both client and server side that i know of. Beta and alpha stage plugins may cause some however obviously, but most of the time they dont either. Good luck with your server. I might join in aswell....if you need any help with any of the plugins or whatever then dont hesitate to ask me. :)

-Anubikai

We need to know what plugins also it could be your upload/download?

We need to know what plugins also it could be your upload/download?

he says he has 650 up and down so it cant be that........

-Anubikai