Building my 1st PC and I have several questions.

I'm about to build my 1st PC using this case. Believe it or not I don't want liquid cooling because I don't think I'm capable of maintaining it. Other than peripherals and monitor, is there anything I'm missing on my checklist? from what I understand I need intake fans on the front and an exhaust fan on the back. with the Corsair 760T I think the case I chose is perfect for upgrading parts in the future. Here are the parts I've chosen for this build. Please offer any helpful suggestions

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4Z34vK

Are you going to be overclocking? Gaming? What does this PC need to do and what is its budget?

AiOs dont need to be maintained

they just need dusting a few times a year like all other coolers

what are you doing with this PC? 3d rendering? video editing? if not, buy a 4690k and save a hundred bucks

your ram is overpriced

only get this if youre 100% sure you want to spend extra money on aesthetics

you dont need a sound card

you dont need a network adapter

your motherboard has both of these already

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ram on there is way overly expensive

wasting money on it

change ssd to a samsung 850 evo

change hdd to a wd blue or black

don't need the ethernet card

probably don't need the soundcard

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

also

at 2500$

you should be on a x99 setup ..not a z97

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The EVGA 980 should be changed away from a reference design, they get out more heat, and are much louder.

I reedited some stuff:

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($284.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($559.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($60.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1994.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-14 22:22 EDT-0400

Cheaper SSD - 850 Evo 1/2 price for same amount

No need for sound card or network card

No need for optical drive

You can get a cheaper 980 which performs better.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

also

at 2500$

you should be on a x99 setup ..not a z97

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($566.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($189.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($555.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($555.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $2581.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-14 22:34 EDT-0400
This one is waaaaay better than your build :P
Edited by mosin40

Dont go SLI just yet. Get one card. If it's not ample enough, get another one later. But, I'm sure the 980 can handle any game out there. Unless you throw 4k at it.

AiOs dont need to be maintained

they just need dusting a few times a year like all other coolers

what are you doing with this PC? 3d rendering? video editing? if not, buy a 4690k and save a hundred bucks

your ram is overpriced

only get this if youre 100% sure you want to spend extra money on aesthetics

you dont need a sound card

you dont need a network adapter

your motherboard has both of these already

I thought the onboard soundcard was pitiful. I'm doing gaming and video editing and I wanted the best microphone volume.

Unless you plan on adding another Graphics card latter a 650w power supply would be ample for the parts you have there. 

Also if you want to save money you don't need to get such an expensive motherboard, it wont affect performance.

I would change those two parts unless there is a specific reason that you want them.

I was thinking the motherboard I chose was good for being compatible for hardware I may choose to upgrade in the future. And in the long run I will end up adding another graphics card

The EVGA 980 should be changed away from a reference design, they get out more heat, and are much louder.

this might sound trivial but I actually like the aesthetic of the reference card the most

I thought the onboard soundcard was pitiful. I'm doing gaming and video editing and I wanted the best microphone volume.

then you should buy a good mic, not a good sound card...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

then you should buy a good mic, not a good sound card...

I'm convinced that a new sound card is necessary for recording good sound quality, because every microphone I try I get constant hissing sound, and when I turn the recording volume down lower I can barely hear my voice speaking in the recording. I've been using the blue yeti which seems to work for a lot of others and is said to be a good microphone. I've done everything in the audio settings to make it sound as good as I can. The only option that works is using audacity to eliminate the background noise from recorded audio. Wouldn't getting a good quality sound card improve the sound ratio?

I'm convinced that a new sound card is necessary for recording good sound quality, because every microphone I try I get constant hissing sound, and when I turn the recording volume down lower I can barely hear my voice speaking in the recording. I've been using the blue yeti which seems to work for a lot of others and is said to be a good microphone. I've done everything in the audio settings to make it sound as good as I can. The only option that works is using audacity to eliminate the background noise from recorded audio. Wouldn't getting a good quality sound card improve the sound ratio?

the reason you get the hissing sound is because your motherboard has EMI on the mic input

my motherboard has that too, and a sound card fixes it

BUT

on newer motherboards this issue is not very common, so theres a good chance this motherboard you are planning to get does not have EMI

i suggest you dont buy the sound card until you first test the mic with the motherboard

if its DOES have EMI, then buy a xonar DX not STX

any sound card will fix the EMI from a mic, and there is no difference between a DX and STX on mic input quality

my xonar DG solved my EMI issue, no need to spend $200 on a better sound card

so TLDR test the mid with your motherboard first, then decide if you need to buy a xonar DX

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($566.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($139.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($189.95 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($219.00 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($555.00 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($555.00 @ Amazon)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $2581.89

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-14 22:34 EDT-0400

This one is waaaaay better than your build :P

Whatever happened to his $2500 budget? Take one graphics card off, because the PSU you picked is low for voltage on SLI, take off 6GB, because when in the world will anyone be using 16GB of G.Skill DDR4?

Well, unless he wants to do adobe 4k rendering

All in all, why do i feel you picked half these parts from out of nowhere?

Anyways, OP, your motherboard has a NIC built in, and a sound card is a bit redundant if your motherboard has a good enough onboard already.

Other then that, buy some fans, a cpu liquid All in ONE (you can take care of it, its as easy as taking care of a fish.) Only you can forget about it and it wont die on you ^_^

Also, don't buy windows 8.1 retail, please don't. G2A.com sells legit copies for cheap. Like $30, $40 cheap.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Whatever happened to his $2500 budget? Take one graphics card off, because the PSU you picked is low for voltage on SLI, take off 6GB, because when in the world will anyone be using 16GB of G.Skill DDR4?

Well, unless he wants to do adobe 4k rendering

All in all, why do i feel you picked half these parts from out of nowhere?

Anyways, OP, your motherboard has a NIC built in, and a sound card is a bit redundant if your motherboard has a good enough onboard already.

Other then that, buy some fans, a cpu liquid All in ONE (you can take care of it, its as easy as taking care of a fish.) Only you can forget about it and it wont die on you ^_^

Also, don't buy windows 8.1 retail, please don't. G2A.com sells legit copies for cheap. Like $30, $40 cheap.

I do use roughly 10 GB of RAM daily so that is why I went with 16 total. I was also aiming for the 6 core CPU, because I wanted it to last for many years before needing to upgrade. Perhaps the X 99 motherboard is more future proof and with it I will not need to buy a sound card and network card