My friend is scaring me........

getrekt

My friend told me that radeon drivers suck and the cf profiles are absent in almost all games! He said that radeon gpus get gimped because of poor drivers? Is this true? please help coz this is driving me away from amd gpus

My friend told me that radeon drivers suck and the cf profiles are absent in almost all games! He said that radeon gpus get gimped because of poor drivers? Is this true? please help coz this is driving me away from amd gpus

False and False kick him in the head, and tell him to get his damn facts straight.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Your friend sounds like a fanboy. Radeon drivers are far better now than they used to be, though people still don't like them (I'm one of them, have just experienced less issues with NVIDIA's drivers though people will argue the opposite, see below me.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

that is wrong. heck I have found amd drivers to be better than Nvidia ones

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

they are better

you might have trouble installing them a few times but they work like they should now

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They do manage to fuck up at least a fifth of my games each driver update, and I have used R9 270 Crossfire with ZERO performance increase, but as a single card, they're still pretty bangin' for the money.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

My 7870 works like a champ. Tell friendo over there to freshen up his facts.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I've had more problems with Nvidia's drivers than AMD's... And you'll here a good amount of cases like that too. Your friend is full of it.

Your friend is a Nvidia fanboy, I wouldn't listen to him. Radeon GPU's and their drivers aren't bad, and his arguments are invalid now that 2008 is long past. For the CF profiles, SLI profiles are also missing from games, so its equal there. And saying the Radeon drivers suck is subjective and ignorant considering Nvidia drivers have been rough for a long time.

Thanks for information guys I'll tell him that I'll decide what is good for me!

You're friend *sigh* is nub

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

He is just an Nvidia fan boy. I think there was a time where Amd drivers were trash but this time is gone. There is no problem with drivers except maybe for beta drivers but this should apply to Nvidia as well.

Dont be scared. If you are looking into buying an amd card, go for it buddy

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

When only 20-30% of the market share is AMD, you can bet that 60-70% of graphic card owners are talking out of their rear-end about the current AMD experience.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Historically ATI Drivers were terrible.

I have had 4 ATI cards starting with an ATI Rage Fury 32mb.

I have had issues ranging from games being unplayable as it refuses to render the play button on initial splash screen, to not being able to see F1 HUD in game, to thinking the side pods on the Hulk in eveonline were supposed to be florescent green.

There have been many many other issues I have had, however I have given up on ATI/AMD cards as of about 6 years ago.

I do keep hearing people say the drivers are a lot better, but almost in the same breath the same people can tell you about a few issues they have had that they consider minor.

I have since 2009 owned, NVIDIA GTX470, 580, 980. to date the only issue I have had is my 470 decided to stop working, until I discovered it was due to the weight of the card pulling at the slot.

I am a happy NVIDIA customer and I do not see any reason for me to consider ATI/AMD, currently the trend is for NVIDIA to be faster but ATI to have better budget performance.

A little knowledge is very dangerous
CPU: I7 6700K CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H110i Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero GPU: 2x Asus GTX980 STRIX RAM: 4x4 (16GB) Corsair DDR4 Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 750GB SSD PSU: Corsair HX1000W Displays: 2xAsus PB287Q (4k) 2x1080 Monitors Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Mouse: 1xRazor Naga Elite 2x Razor Naga Sound: Asus Essence STX, Quad Elite Pre Amp, Quad 909 Power Amp, Monitor Audio GR20 Speakers Headphones: Logitech G930, Sennheiser Momentum Black Microphone: Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 802, Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro EQ OS: Windows 7 64bit

AMD is as good as NVIDIA! AMD is cheaper... (most of the times)

My Evening Prayer:

May your temperatures be low and your framerates be high.

-Gaben