1080p Monitors for Triple Monitor Surround

So I need to upgrade monitors. Badly. Like, so bad that my current monitor is nearly horrid. It's an ASUS VE198T, great little 19 inch but it's not even 1080.

Eventually I would like to have a 3 monitor surround, may happen within the year just not now, so I'd like to at least get one and try it out, plus I need something better than using a 19 inch monitor and a 19 inch tv with horrid colors for a 2nd display....

I for sure want G sync so that limits my options, plus driving 3 1440p monitors like the ROG swift, which would be nearly perfect but until I upgrade my PC from an AMD 8350 and an EVGA 760 SC 4G driving 3 of those is literally impossible.

Running 3 1080p monitors will for sure be a lot easier and will also more than likely save me money. My thoughts were either the BenQ XL2420G or either one of the 24' or 27' editions of the Acer 1080 G Sync monitor (XB240H or XB270H).

Linus did a video for NCIX with 3 of the BenQ's running on SLI 970's, only thing I have against them is the Acers look like they have thinner bezel. But that's also where the 27 inch comes in. If the panel is 27 inch, I feel that would offset the bezel size pretty well making it that much more enjoyable but that's just theory.

So, BenQ, or the 24 or 27 inch Acer? If you have other suggestions send me a link or a video!

EDIT: Also, if I were to get 3 ROG Swift, would it be doable to run them at a lower resolution if I went that route and get 3 of them? 

Thanks in advance.

Mainframe:// SIVA

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • RAM G.Skill Trident Z Royal (Silver) 3600Mhz 16Gb
  • GPU MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  • Case Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
  • Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB / 1x WD Black 3TB
  • PSU EVGA Supernova 1000x
  • Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
  • Displays Acer Predator x34 Ultrawide, LG 2558UM-P
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

So I need to upgrade monitors. Badly. Like, so bad that my current monitor is nearly horrid. It's an ASUS VE198T, great little 19 inch but it's not even 1080.

Eventually I would like to have a 3 monitor surround, may happen within the year just not now, so I'd like to at least get one and try it out, plus I need something better than using a 19 inch monitor and a 19 inch tv with horrid colors for a 2nd display....

I for sure want G sync so that limits my options, plus driving 3 1440p monitors like the ROG swift, which would be nearly perfect but until I upgrade my PC from an AMD 8350 and an EVGA 760 SC 4G driving 3 of those is literally impossible.

Running 3 1080p monitors will for sure be a lot easier and will also more than likely save me money. My thoughts were either the BenQ XL2420G or either one of the 24' or 27' editions of the Acer 1080 G Sync monitor (XB240H or XB270H).

Linus did a video for NCIX with 3 of the BenQ's running on SLI 970's, only thing I have against them is the Acers look like they have thinner bezel. But that's also where the 27 inch comes in. If the panel is 27 inch, I feel that would offset the bezel size pretty well making it that much more enjoyable but that's just theory.

So, BenQ, or the 24 or 27 inch Acer? If you have other suggestions send me a link or a video!

EDIT: Also, if I were to get 3 ROG Swift, would it be doable to run them at a lower resolution if I went that route and get 3 of them? 

Thanks in advance.

Running 3 Swifts (even in titan X SLI) is not greatly doable push maybe 40fps on high/ultra so that's out of the question. 3 1440's is about 30% more pixels than 4K. I'd go with which ever has the smallest bezel. Or get the 27's and de-bezel them.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Running 3 Swifts (even in titan X SLI) is not greatly doable push maybe 40fps on high/ultra so that's out of the question. 3 1440's is about 30% more pixels than 4K. I'd go with which ever has the smallest bezel. Or get the 27's and de-bezel them.

Even if I ran them at a lower resolution?

And I've never heard of de-bezeling.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Audio Schitt Audio Asgard 2 AMP, Bifrost Multibit DAC, Sennheiser HD600, Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, Audio Technica AT2035
  • Peripherals Corsair K70 LUX, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Orbweaver, Thrustmaster T16000m x2 HOTAS
  • Extra Stuff Clutch Chairs Gear Series Elgato HD60 Pro, Elgato Streamdeck, Logitech c920 Webcam, Custom Built acoustic altering backboard.

Even if I ran them at a lower resolution?

And I've never heard of de-bezeling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5EiVHKWR0

No reason to spend $2,400 USD on monitors if you aren't going to use their full potential.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

Only reason I could think of is probably the bezel.

May go for the 27 inch Acer and just hide as much of the bezel as I can behind the others, should work out okay.

• CPU Ryzen 7 3700x

Only reason I could think of is probably the bezel.

May go for the 27 inch Acer and just hide as much of the bezel as I can behind the others, should work out okay.

I posted a video of how to take the monitor apart. It's not hard or time consuming. Pretty sure as long as you don't break anything the warranty is not void.