Want to upgrade from O2+ODAC for LCD-2.2F

FatEskimo97

You think you had it bad...

Just count how many steps I took to get there. And that's not even on the highest gain of the Aune T1. 

its a frikkin hallway with little to no furnitures. ofcourse it will sound like that from far away.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

You can. Amazon sells the lyr 2. You could just buy it and return it if you don't like it. They may also have the original lyr for much cheaper. I used the lyr for my LCD-2s and they sounded great through it. Unsure how it would compare to your current setup though since I went from no amp to the lyr based on recommendations. The lyr is made with planar magnetic headphones in mind. The tubes definitely color the sound though, which I don't mind. Beyond that, I tried a few other allegedly better amps and couldn't tell the difference outside of the lack of color the tubes were adding. At this point I don't see myself getting rid of it.

I'll probably just do the order from Amazon and return it if I don't like it. I've actually become fine with coloring the sound because I'm getting some Noble K10s and an Oppo HA-2, so I can use that as my neutral setup.

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

I'll probably just do the order from Amazon and return it if I don't like it. I've actually become fine with coloring the sound because I'm getting some Noble K10s and an Oppo HA-2, so I can use that as my neutral setup.

I believe K10 isnt neutral at all, and BA drivers are definitely not natural :D

I believe K10 isnt neutral at all, and BA drivers are definitely not natural :D

I used the wrong word. I meant more of a slightly analytical sound. I've heard that the K10s sound like they're in between the Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-X, with a little bit of the HD800 thrown in.

CPU: i7-5820k | Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe | RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 | Storage: Samsung XP941 Series 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive; Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 | Audio: Audeze LCD​-2; Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC

I used the wrong word. I meant more of a slightly analytical sound. I've heard that the K10s sound like they're in between the Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-X, with a little bit of the HD800 thrown in.

I'm curious, why K10 and not JH13?

I'm curious, why K10 and not JH13?

I've heard from many people who have similar taste in audio as me that the K10 sound a fair amount better. I'm also getting the K10 universals instead of customs because I'm 16 and John (The Wizard from Noble) who is an audiologist told me I'll probably need one or two remolds by the time I'm 18 and my ear canals have stopped growing. Each remold is $250, so I could just sell the universals when I reach that age to buy some customs and lose less money than I would with the two remolds.

It also has to do with the companies as Noble has some of the best customer support and quality I've ever seen, and I seem to remember JH recently suing 1964 Ears over something trivial like the way they described their drivers instead of asking them to change it. I'd much rather support Noble even if the K10s are more expensive for not a massive improvement.