How does one learn to type better?

KickinGravy

So I am bad at typing, I can barely type like 30 words a minute. Is there any way to improve typing? Cuz lord knows I need it. Be sweat to be able to type without having to look down at my keyboard the whole time..... just saying. And before you ask, my high school didn't have typing courses.   

practice. practice, practice. 

Watch a couple videos online for standard typing, and then use those techniques to develop your own personal style.

A cool trick i learned was while pacticing I'd go to one of the many "test my WPM!" sites and then put a box over my keyboard with two hand holes cut out for my hands to come through on, so i could still type freely, but without seeing the keyboard. Then again i did that in 6th grade, almost 8 years ago, and further computer experience since then has helped a lot. 

But there's no really nifty trick or anything, Just takes practice and gusto.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

practice because practice makes perfect :)

and maby like typefaster programs

IAN :o

There are plenty of tutorials on the internet you might want to read about typing techniques. Plus a lot of practice is the best way to speed up your typing.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Type like you wrote a letter for company

avoid acronym, and short word like you type for phone message.

Practice and practice. That's all it really takes. After a while you can type like a pro and not even look at the keyboard.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I like the cardboard box idea, that might just work, lol. No but seriously it probably would, I am totally doing that  

have you ever played

this forces you to type fast, good luck with that

MMO games is what got me to type fast.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

have you ever played

Um.... no?

A gentleman walks up to another man in the street. "Excuse me good sir, can you tell me how to get to Carnigie hall?"

"That's easy guv....Practice, practice, practice."

Well... if its free. I guess

tis an old game from dreamcast but also available on pc, so its free i guess

have you ever played

That sounds awsome

Top Hat=Classy Monocle=Villain  Top Hat+Monocle=Mr Peanut 

I always practice at typeracer.com I get an average of 80wpm It's not fast But as A data Analyst It's good enough 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I massively improved my typing by chatting on IRC back in the 90's. I would generally be online in the evenings, no lights on so I couldn't see the keycaps, and just had to learn to type fast enough to reply to all the conversations.

I massively improved my typing by chatting on IRC back in the 90's. I would generally be online in the evenings, no lights on so I couldn't see the keycaps, and just had to learn to type fast enough to reply to all the conversations.

I miss the 90's, things where simpler then

Pick a keyboard you like and then practise practise practise and you will get better, also try and learn where the letters are and you will get better pretty quickly

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I got most of my speed with typing from counter strike: source xD. It can be troublesome playing jailbreak without a mic.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Dialup? Nobody misses dialup.

and we would all like to forget it too.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.