Looking for feedback on future $2,300 build set up.

ThePatar

Hello everyone! My name is Patrick Cuddy and I have just signed up on this forum. 

Reason for so is that I'm about to start building my very first PC (in the next month and a half-ish) and want to share my specs/progress with you all in hopes to obtain your feedback. 

After looking through out the forum this seems to be the appropriate place to post this type of topic. Please forgive me if this is ill placed. 

SO. I'll jump right into what my build plan is of now and what I have already started on (as of 4/10/15). 

Not entirely sure how to share a newegg wishlist collection so I can just link you all straight to the components so I will list them all here. 

CASE: Corsair 760T Black

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Hero

CPU: Core i7 4790k

GPU: Msi GTX 980

POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM650W

RAM: Hyper X Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB)

WATER COOLING: Corsair H100i

SSD: Intel 530 series 240GB ****considering the 730 series instead. Not sure which to use.****

HDD: WD Green 2TB

OPTICAL: LG Black Blu-Ray Burner

WIFI: ASUS PCE-AC56 Dual Band Wireless

(Going with the absolute bare bones on Mouse and Keyboard and Monitor until I have enough saved up for some quality items. Expecting to use these for about 6 months before considering an upgrade.)

MONITOR:  ASUS VX238H Black 23" <-----<< Would really like to get a 4k monitor next. Perhaps the Acer     B286HK??

MOUSE AND KEY: CM Storm Devestator Red 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of now I have only bought my Corsair case so that I can begin the custom paint job. What I have done so far on that I will post below. 

Not sure if I should go into the rationale behind this set up now or wait until there is comments or questions, but can't go wrong with keeping it short and sweet I guess. Here are the photos of the (unfinished) paint job I've done to the case so far. 

Thank you for reading through this and any feedback you may have. I've been researching these components as much as I can but would appreciate some of you much more seasoned enthusiasts opinions on this set up. 

post-222037-0-62529400-1428903718_thumb.

post-222037-0-41225900-1428903731_thumb.

If you have a 2300 dollar budget, would you mind if I put something together on PCPARTPICker?

I have pretty much the same build and mine costed no-where near 2300 :/

If you have a 2300 dollar budget, would you mind if I put something together on PCPARTPICker?

I have pretty much the same build and mine costed no-where near 2300 :/

Please and Thank You!

which country are you in perchance?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

which country are you in perchance?

USA.

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Man, you can get a monster of a computer with the budget you set! This is what I put together, you could also color match some of the parts if you really want to:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kYGGRB

PS: That case paint-job is beautiful!

Man, you can get a monster of a computer with the budget you set! This is what I put together, you could also color match some of the parts if you really want to:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kYGGRB

PS: That case paint-job is beautiful!

Yes! Most of the fun for me in this whole thing isn't so much the end product but the build itself. Looking through the list you provided now, thank you very much! Lovin' the CPU,Power and Motherboard upgrades...

As someone who's looking forward to doing more content creation with audio recording and mixing/mastering the added cores/threads could be of much use. 

Yes! Most of the fun for me in this whole thing isn't so much the end product but the build itself. Looking through the list you provided now, thank you very much! Lovin' the CPU,Power and Motherboard upgrades...

As someone who's looking forward to doing more content creation with audio recording and mixing/mastering the added cores/threads could be of much use. 

You'll have to update me on how everything turns out dude! Have fun!

Totally agree with you on the building itself is more fun than the end product (in a way). But I kind of suck in diy stuff. :(

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

You'll have to update me on how everything turns out dude! Have fun!

Will do! Thanks!

if i had that that budget for a pc (give or take a few hundred dollars because i live in australia), i personally would go with X99

Thank you for the opinion, I will look into the differences behind the Z97 and X99 platforms.

@ThePatar  X99 is a great platform, but not better than the i7 4790K for gaming.  If you are going to use the extra 2+2 cores for video/audio editing, or programming, etc... the 5820K is two hundred dollars cheaper than the 5390K.  The extra PCI-E lanes that come with the 5390K (40 lanes) won't play a huge role in a 2 card SLI setup, x8/x8 is plenty.

The case looks really good.

Just a comparative build below.  Add you cpu cooler and as much storage as you need.  Storage is around $50/1TB right now, and can always be added later on.  Two GTX 980s can draw up to around 450W, the 750W PSU I chose will have more than enough power to drive them.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($535.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($535.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2014.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-13 02:27 EDT-0400

@ThePatar  X99 is a great platform, but not better than the i7 4790K for gaming.  If you are going to use the extra 2+2 cores for video/audio editing, or programming, etc... the 5820K is two hundred dollars cheaper than the 5390K.  The extra PCI-E lanes that come with the 5390K (40 lanes) won't play a huge role in a 2 card SLI setup, x8/x8 is plenty.

The case looks really good.

Just a comparative build below.  Add you cpu cooler and as much storage as you need.  Storage is around $50/1TB right now, and can always be added later on.  Two GTX 980s can draw up to around 450W, the 750W PSU I chose will have more than enough power to drive them.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($189.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $2014.80

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-13 02:27 EDT-0400

Wow! Thank you very much for the support! I will definitely looking into the higher power supply as SLI is something I'm definitely planning on in the future. 

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.