What is Turbo Boost (CPU/GPU)

XplosiveNoctua99
Go to solution Solved by pastafingers,

Linus explained that

I don't actually know

and can i make them be at that constant speed (No Overclocking :) )

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

when a GPU is under load it will overclock itself a little bit.

a CPU will disable some cores to allow it to OC itself some on the other cores.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Linus explained that

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64