Upgrading phone this weekend - m9, s6/edge, note 4, or nexus 6

So, I am finally upgrading this weekend and after research, and looking at the phones, my final choices are:

HTC One M9
Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Nexus 6

Would be great to get opinions on these phones (whats good and bad), price is no concern when comparing them.

Which should I get and why?

Thanks

I am in the exact same boat so please let me know what you end up going with and why. :)

I'm getting the S6 tomorrow. Seems like the best phone out of them all, at least to me.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

M9 no.

No point in getting it over the M8.

S6 vs S6 Edge idk. I'd get the edge if the price didn't matter.

The S6 is out so the Note 4 gets a nope.

And Nexus 6 also nope.

I could also suggest a Sony Z3 or an LG G3(highly this one), but those are 2014 smartphones. They are getting refreshed soon though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

S6 edge owner here, so of course my vote is the edge.

That is all...

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

S6 edge owner here, so of course my vote is the edge.

That is all...

is the battery life good? or have you not really owned it long enough to comment on that?

I haven't had it that long but when I pulled it out of the box it went from 65 to 95% in roughly 15 mins.

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Well i have a Z3 and with my personal experience, i wouldn't recommend Sony anymore although its my 5th Sony phone but not anymore, well all 4 of your choices are good but i do a lot deep search and concluded that the S6 edge would be the Best although its the first Samsung phone i would recommend to anyone :P lol

Well i have a Z3 and with my personal experience, i wouldn't recommend Sony anymore although its my 5th Sony phone but not anymore, well all 4 of your choices are good but i do a lot deep search and concluded that the S6 edge would be the Best although its the first Samsung phone i would recommend to anyone :P lol

What didn't you like about the Z3? I have the Z3v so... its a bit different. 

I hear there is a refresh soon. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I bought the Z3 for its camera performance but its really not that good

Which it claims to be, the os update are also slower in Sony as you know the case with Lollipop

Plus i am just kinda over with Sony cuz its my 5th sony phone

But can't say right now maybe i will buy Z4 but chances are rare

I bought the Z3 for its camera performance but its really not that good

Which it claims to be, the os update are also slower in Sony as you know the case with Lollipop

Plus i am just kinda over with Sony cuz its my 5th sony phone

But can't say right now maybe i will buy Z4 but chances are rare

Totally make sense. I agree the camera isn;t the greatest. And unfortunately I am on Verizon, so, its probably gonna be a couple more months til I get Lollipop. 

I had an M8 and I personally grabbed an S6 Edge. The camera is amazing, it's pretty snappy but Touchwiz is still slow compared to Sense.

I wouldn't go with the Note 4 as I've always hated Touchwiz, the only reason I got the S6 Edge was because they finally toned it done enough that I can deal with it.

The M9 to me is worse in every way to the M8 except for the camera which the S6 and S6 Edge demolishes it at by comparisons I've seen.

Finally the Nexus 6. I love big phones but to me it's too big by a mile. My friend had one and thought it was amazing overall but just too big. Also the fact that it's a 2014 phone so you'd be better off waiting for the refresh.

For those talking about the Z3, I have hardly any personal experience with it but didn't carriers stop selling it now because there's a refresh right around the corner?

For those talking about the Z3, I have hardly any personal experience with it but didn't carriers stop selling it now because there's a refresh right around the corner?

I believe some did, yes. 

I had an M8 and I personally grabbed an S6 Edge. The camera is amazing, it's pretty snappy but Touchwiz is still slow compared to Sense.

So since you've basically used the m9 and the s6, you would say the s6? is it noticeably larger? uncomfortably larger?

Yes T- Mobile stops selling Z3, but i don't think its for the Z4 bcuz they're still selling Z1

Just got the s6, it is phenomenal 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Thanks for all your comments guys, got the s6 Edge earlier today!

Would be great to get opinions on these phones (whats good and bad), price is no concern when comparing them.

Which should I get and why?

M9 if you do a lot of music/media consumption. Front-facing stereo speakers are amazing and in a class of their own. Also if you own high-end headphones, as the internal DAC and amp are also first-class for a smartphone. Forget about replacing the battery though, if you use your phone a lot you'll have to carry around a separate portable battery bank.

S6 if you want a good phone with a decent size that's a good balance between easy to put in your pocket but also enjoyable to use. Screen is fantastic (Super AMOLED, 500+ ppi). However no MicroSD expansion, or easily removable battery. Don't get the Edge, it's just for show, irl it's very uncomfortable to hold, and will break very easily.

Note 4 if you'd like something big. Like, really big. 

Nexus 6... meh. There's been too many QC issues for me to recommend it, and the only two benefits that I see over the Note 4 are stereo speakers and stock Android. So faster updates, but you lose a lot of functionality that TouchWiz put in to make a huge phone fun to use, such as windowed multitasking and S-Pen.

"Rawr XD"