Cable and Stuff - Help!

this is all in your house? This kind of stuff is for medium sized apartment buildings or small businesses.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Forget what the stuff does, why would a "family" house need this. I have so many questions.....

Why do you have transformers in your house :huh:? 

Did this pass your local building code :(?

You guys know of any impending global danger :wacko:?

You guys know that mad max was just a show right :unsure:?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Wut... Agree with @JefferyD90- this looks like an apartment wiring loom :D Most of this, as far as I can see is electrical related and I would NOT touch it- neither should you. You need to get a qualified electrician to tinker and tell you what is what.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Ok - this seems like something that would be better in the hands of an electrician :P

We had one. Here today to look at moving some power outlets and he saw the CBUS stuff and I could tell that if he was alone, he probably would have just sat there and looking at it all day :P:D

This is higher than just an electrician, you need a physicist.

Some more questions......

Did the people who built the place go to jail if not where are they know?

Were they rich to obscenely rich?

Is this a common house layout in your neighborhood?

Can you post a speedtest.net and a pingtest.net?

I have more but i think i'll just drop it now. 

if this were majority of family house I believe our world has free from poverty problem.

Guys this is totally normal, we got 4 home DP's full of switches and surge protectors, socket breakers etc. 

Note that most 240v households do have many circuits like this.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Guys this is totally normal, we got 4 home DP's full of switches and surge protectors, etc. 

Your normal is not the rest of the world's normal. You are from Dubai where these are the police cars......http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1092541_dubai-police-cars-are-the-worlds-fastest-video but i will give in to the idea that it is somewhat normal in today's house needs because i have the routers and UPS systems in my home but i plug them into a wall socket rather than have them built in.

Your normal is not the rest of the world's normal. You are from Dubai where these are the police cars......http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1092541_dubai-police-cars-are-the-worlds-fastest-video but i will give in to the idea that it is somewhat normal in today's house needs because i have the routers and UPS systems in my home but i plug them into a wall socket rather than have them built in.

First floor DP.

2hnxlas.jpg

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

You have a lot of 240V to 24V converters... Which would be used for something like battery backups, or specialized equipment. For example my dad has a (wtf right) 48V turning leigh, which requires a converter. Regardless, this is made for very specific equipment. You'd have to consult the person that designed it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Wow that system of that size is usually for a fairly well sized business that wants fully automated lighting control not to mention all the networking there.

I can give a really quick run down of some of the stuff there but there is a lot going on in just that wall alone. 

It looks to be every single light fixture is connected via relay and can be controlled electronically throughout your home, the mass of DC transformers on the wall there look to be feeding a UPS system for the lighting during a power outage as others have said. From what I can tell you have 3 battery banks those beige boxes below the opening in the wall with the silver 24V power supplies with the top one probably being a DC-AC inverter.

I do notice though you have a lot of 240V open air connections to breakers and 240V lines like those red terminal banks. Here that's not allowed since it can electrocute someone but as long as someone isn't dumb enough to stick their finger on the lead or drop something into it's not a huge problem, different places have different building codes but it looks all safe.

But overall just wow that's not something you see everyday in a house  :D

Sure is well equipped... Certainly not what I expect to see in a regular house.

I would love to have a similar setup.

But I'm surprised the previous people who lived there left everything... Generally, I would expect them to rip everything out.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

whoa thats an advanced setup, in norway its more normal to have an "automaticaly resetting" fusebox but nothing as huge/over powered as that.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Good luck on that - it runs to every light in the house (3 levels) and the entire house is built on the side of a hill (solid rock) and the foundation is solid concrete - the floor is layed directly on top of it - and then pipes were installed on the building of the house that the concrete set around - the wires are in there :P

Eh... rip every, cut the cables.... some people just don't care.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro