Building a Cuatom PC in New Zealand

Howsit guys,

As the title suggests I will be building a new PC once I arrive in New Zealand, I'm immigrating from South Africa... Anyway, its going to cost way to much to transport my watercooled CosmosII all the way there so I will be taking some components with me.

So my question is are there any good enthusiast grade pc tech stores, online or otherwise or will I mostly be using Amazon or Newegg?

I would assume new zealand would use pccasegear for most of its pc hardware buying

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Howsit guys,

As the title suggests I will be building a new PC once I arrive in New Zealand, I'm immigrating from South Africa... Anyway, its going to cost way to much to transport my watercooled CosmosII all the way there so I will be taking some components with me.

So my question is are there any good enthusiast grade pc tech stores, online or otherwise or will I mostly be using Amazon or Newegg?

There are a few, pb tech, computer lounge, 1st wave tech

But I wouldn't say they're enthusiast grade, I don't even know if they stock water cooling parts (ive never gone there myself) check picespy.co.nz to get a better idea. But it might be cheaper if you buy the mroe consumber grade parts from them then other enthsiest parts from amazon, as long as you keep it under 400 NZD per order you avoid any import taxes

ALso note that partpicker dosent include a lot of the smaller hardware shops

I would assume new zealand would use pccasegear for most of its pc hardware buying

nope

Computer Lounge is going to probably be your #1 stop for pretty much everything, they even have water cooling start kits which are pretty well priced. They're a cool bunch, do all the usual jazz with loyalty points and what not and have fantastic customer service and RMA policies. They also have 8-10% off sales every few weeks which is pretty neat.

Alpha City would be your second bet, they're cheaper than most and seem to be pretty good with returns, delivery prices can suck though.

If you want to waste all your cash and pay a painful markup on everything you buy, there's always PB Tech. Only reason you should ever really be going there is when they have a good sale or you need something super quick and can't wait for shipping, can just walk into a shop and pick it up.

For pricing parts, your best bet will be either http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/or http://www.pricespy.com Personally I prefer Pricespy, their UI more user friendly.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Pack and take on plane..

I've traveled 3 times with my full rig and peripherals (Inc 27 & 23 inch screens but not the speakers)

Empty the loop, take out the heavyst components (GPU's, HDD's pump) weigh..

Pack in origonal case box if possible, pack the inside with non static generating material.

Unless your getting charged serious money for hold luggage then it'll be reasonable. Less than selling and then re-buying at least.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Thanks for the info guys, I will be quite busy for the first few weeks so I don't think I'll be in much of a rush to get the parts so I will be able to shop around for good deals. With regards to taking the whole thing along with me on the plane, The original box is huge and obviously I wouldn't expect to transport it with a full loop but even so its simply gonna be too expensive from this side.