Earliest tech memory?

FrigidNinja

Whats your earliest tech memory? Computers are a huge part of my life. I've grown closer to the people around me via sharing the gaming experience with them.

My earliest memory on a computer was when i was 7-ish, on the "captain underpants" website, playing online games with my 4 yo little sister.

So whats yours?

First computer I had was some computer with a 1024 x 768 monitor, which was pretty good at the time.

This was the computer I discovered adult stuff on.

pretty sure i was like 5-7.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I built my first computer with a cyrix 333 processor. I remember playing pong on an Atari 2600 hooked up to a console tv that had a record player on the top under the wood 

First computer I had was some computer with a 1024 x 768 monitor, which was pretty good at the time.

This was the computer I discovered adult stuff on.

pretty sure i was like 5-7.

This lol. It was one with a 1280 x 1024 monitor. I still use that monitor today. I played flash games all the time on it. Had a bookmark's list a mile long. Full of viruses and everything. Gud times.

When my parents got me an original Xbox for Christmas, my grandparents got me a GameCube for Christmas that same year.

That was my favorite Christmas when I was little.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Being younger and raised in the times where schools have a heap of tech I just used the generic tech, PC's mianly for word processing/etc. but when I started to do things in my own time it would be:

Learning to remove malware from my family's 'studying pc' (primarily used by my dad to download music from frostwire) when i was 13.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

My parents each had a first-generation iMac that came in the different colors. My mom had a blue one and my dad had a red one. My siblings and I could only play really simple games on them, like a game called Spacestation Pheta <3 or Amazon Trail, but I loved those old things. <3 My sister even recalls my dad putting some more RAM in one of them. (Or it might've been another computer, I dunno. My family's always had a lot.) I was 4 or 5 at the time.

Edit: Ooh, I just thought of something: my sister's first tech memory is my dad installing more memory in a computer! Hooray for silliness! :D

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I remember when the Wii came out and I got it for Christmas - great times.

I also remember when I was about 4 or 5 we had dial up and I'd try to play my computer games (idk what) and I'd pick up the phone and like it went crazy I got scared that those sounds would like hurt me at night lel

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

(primarily used by my dad to download music from frostwire) when i was 13.

probably not the only stuff he downloaded, considering the malware you removed  ;)

Related to computers, my first memory (i think) was going with my family to buy our first home PC. It was an IBM with windows 98SE, and we got a few games including bugs life with it.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I systematically loaded my granparents desktop and laptop with viruses when I was 7. 

junker build in the making

played this game called nanosaur on the original imac when i was like 5 years old.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

When I was a kid (not that long ago) I remember 3 things the most, My green gameboy coulour.

My ps1

and this old PC my stepdad had where we played pinball and this old golf game.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

We had a family computer (Compaq) that ran what I think was a heavily customized version of Windows 95 or 98. I remember that I was no older than 5 or 6 and I set up my own "workstation" which would be the equivalent of having my own user logon for the computer. I was not ever subjected to any computers anywhere else, this was literally the only computer I had ever used and I had no access to Internet to check it either (late 1990s, rural area). Why did I do it? Everyone else in my family had one so why should I have to share one with everyone else?

CPU: AMD FX-6100 OC'd to 4.5GHz  - GPU: GT 630  -  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X 8GB - Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) - Cooling: CM Seidon 120M

Update Plans: New graphics card

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 3 (14 Inch) - Phone: Galaxy S6 32GB (White) running Lollipop - Watch: Samsung Gear Live (Black)

My earliest Non-computer tech memory is playing with a Popeye Game and Watch, PP-23 model.

I did some research and it's actually released in 1981, but it was only given to me in around 1988. My family isn't rich back then, I have no idea where they got it from, not sure if bought 2nd hand or they got it from some other family members.

I had my share of fun on it, but stupid me thought that it's getting real dirty so I should wash it under the tap. Needless to say it didn't survive.

probably not the only stuff he downloaded, considering the malware you removed  ;)

It's my father so i'm gonna say it was only music and the occasional album artwork  :(

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

less than 5, my uncle has a laptop with a track ball. early 90s, like super high tech stuff. 

Windows 3.x/MS-DOS, ISA slot modem that ran Prodigy (pre AOL), external SCSI 1x CDrom (with caddy), pc speaker audio (if that). 256 color monitor (640x480) that my neighbor was jealous of cause his was a purple tinted 16color affair.

Came home from ski trip to see it on table. 386 chip I think.

My mother(teacher) borrowing a microbee from her school. Think I was about 4 years old. Damn those tape drives were slow.

My grandmother had the first computer I ever saw, no idea on the specs but I remember the monitor was orange text on black and that it ran some version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

My very first PC I got for my birthday when I was like 11-12 and first game I played was Diablo II, GOOD TIMES :)

my dad and I drew a firetruck in ms paint on his work laptop and it blew my mind (must have been about 4)

CPU: i7 4790K Cooler: Corsair H55i Mobo: ASUS Z97M-PLUS Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB Storage: Samsung SM951 128GB m.2 Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD GPU: Asus STRIX 970 GTX PSU: Seasonic 550w Gold Case: Corsair 350D

Playing Riven on an iMac G3 (1999) with a 600MHz CPU! (Top upgraded model)

SuperDome.jpg

Our school had Windows 98 and then XP and MSPaint was the best. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz