Console GPU vs PC GPU

pugnaq
Go to solution Solved by david cassar,

Lmao no. The console costs 499$. The gpu of the xbox one is similar to an r7 260x. Which costs about 100$. The ps4's gpu is more powerful and is similar to an r7 265 which costs around 140$. The gpus in the consoles are nowhere near the performance of the 970. Their performance isn't even close to a 960.

Hello everyone, I was researching on the net and found the Xbox One GPU in that website it says that the GPU had a launch price of 499$ and well looking at the specifications is this card more powerful than a GTX 960 - GTX 970 or a GTX 980? 

Also found this other link. PS4 vs Xbox One GPU

I own a PS4 and an Xbox One and i'm building a gaming PC that could give me way better performance than these two craps :S 

Lmao no. The console costs 499$. The gpu of the xbox one is similar to an r7 260x. Which costs about 100$. The ps4's gpu is more powerful and is similar to an r7 265 which costs around 140$. The gpus in the consoles are nowhere near the performance of the 970. Their performance isn't even close to a 960.

Anything 960 and up absolutely crush the XBone and the PS4. There is no competition between the two.

Hello everyone, I was researching on the net and found the Xbox One GPU in that website it says that the GPU had a launch price of 499$ and well looking at the specifications is this card more powerful than a GTX 960 - GTX 970 or a GTX 980? 

Also found this other link. PS4 vs Xbox One GPU

I own a PS4 and an Xbox One and i'm building a gaming PC that could give me way better performance than these two craps :S 

I believe the consoles have APU's, meaning the CPU is their CPU (duh..) and GPU too.

The 2 consoles are not that powerful. Even a GTX 960 is better than them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I was about to shit myself when I saw those websites lol

Anything 960 and up absolutely crush the XBone and the PS4. There is no competition between the two.

Thanks for your reply :D

I believe the consoles have APU's, meaning the CPU is their CPU (duh..) and GPU too.

The 2 consoles are not that powerful. Even a GTX 960 is better than them.

Now I understand thanks! (:

R7 265 Will dominate both consoles.

Thanks! :)

8978b9119db1a639156ce7223d8ba6a4.pngThe XBOX One GPU is stomped by the GTX 980

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8978b9119db1a639156ce7223d8ba6a4.pngThe XBOX One GPU is stomped by the GTX 980

What about the 960 or 970? I can see that Xbox One's GPU has more memory than the card you put. I don't know much about PC hardware that's why i'm asking (:

Even if both consoles combine powers they still won't be able to beat the gtx 970 in terms of performance.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

What about the 960 or 970? I can see that Xbox One's GPU has more memory than the card you put. I don't know much about PC hardware that's why i'm asking (:

fa6bf54389039dfde19e9b7a0492e417.png

XB1 vs GTX 960

GTX 960 is "better" 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

When it was released I remember reading the ps4 gpu was equal to a gtx 660 but was more efficient so was clser in performance to a 660ti.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB