What does the fan do on my PC cooler?

Samarok
Go to solution Solved by Aircooled Brain,

Its blows in to the fins to keeps the fins cool by dissipating the heat in the fins.

It sounds dumb, but hear me out. Does it blow INTO the fins or does it suck out the heat and blow it OUT and into the case?

Its blows in to the fins to keeps the fins cool by dissipating the heat in the fins.

Thanks. I need to know so I can configure it in the best way.

What heat-sink do you own ? fan on the stock cant be configured.

I know. I have an Arctic Freezer A30.

Thats a nice cooler.

It works. ~35c with the fan pointing to the front of the case. I'm gonna try to configure the fan to be pointing down to the GPU area and see how well that works. I'll experiment. It's 3:30 AM in NJ so I'll do it in the morning.

UPDATE: I decided to try it right now before I fell asleep. So, apparently, the universe was feeling salty and I couldn't screw in the mounting brackets for a vertical setup because of a heatsink on my mobo. Wasted 40 minutes of my life and ended up just putting the fan facing to the rear exhaust rather than down at the GPU, like I had in mind. 

Yeah, fan should blow toward back

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."