Rockstar job listing tips GTA 5 PC port

ExDreamer

Every main GTA game has, after some form of delay, made its way to PC. There’s every reason to expect Grand Theft Auto V will do the same. But while you won’t ever hear Rockstar say that, you will be able to glean tantalising hints from their job openings. Rockstar Leeds recently posted a listing for a Graphic Programmer, whose responsibilities would include bringing the studio’s “latest titles” to PC.

“Rockstar Leeds are currently looking for a talented graphics programmer to help bring our latest titles to the PC platform. Working together with the other Rockstar studios, you will be responsible for maintaining the studio’s uncompromising quality bar, delivering the highest quality PC experience possible.”

The posting also makes mention of “working with skilled developers on Next Generation games”, which suggests that Rockstar are planning to support the PC well into the life-cycle of the upcoming console boxes. Of course, they could win themselves a whole bunch of good will if they just said that directly to PC fans, maybe using words instead of dispassionate silence.

Let’s take a look at which of Rockstar’s “latest” released and announced titles have yet to make their way to PC:

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • Red Dead Redemption

Source : http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/09/rockstar-job-listing-hints-at-possible-gta-5-pc-release/

YAY! Now I won't have to kill hookers in real life! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Something in the back of my head is telling me that rockstar will offer RDR for free to those who preorder GTA5 on PC.

If that would happen... instant purchase.

Anyway, that's good news. I hope the ports will be optimized well unlike GTA4.

Something in the back of my head is telling me that rockstar will offer RDR for free to those who preorder GTA5 on PC.

If that would happen... instant purchase.

And after that Gabe Newell will ascend to the heavens and announce Half Life 3.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I think that RDR is long gone. I doubt it's ever coming to PC now.

I think that RDR is long gone. I doubt it's ever coming to PC now.

A man can dream...

Hope that they will release a PC version cause the graphics would probably look very good! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes, let's hope it doesn't run like shit. <3

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I want to play it at 1920x1200p so bad  :P

but for now, it looks like I have to dust my xbox off :/