PSU under 60$ to go with a GTX 960

graF
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

$60 USD / ~175 LTL / ~55 EUR.

How about the Fractal Design Integra M 450w? http://www.skytech.lt/fdpsuin3b450weu-fracal-design-integra-450w-p-212985.html

Hey guys,

I need a new PSU, since the one I have at the moment is really cheap and doesn't have a PCI cable.

Price - max 60$, but I'd like to keep the price down as much as possible and still have 80 PLUS. I'm going to be buying from Amazon.

Right now I'm looking at Corsair CX series PSU's and EVGA 430W, but feel free to suggest something better.

Current PC specs:

- Intel G3258 @4GHz

- MSI Z97 PC MATE

- Corsair 4GB LP

- MSI GT630

I would get a Corsar CX500M. It's under $60. Or go with the non-modular (no M at the end) for even less.

That will be plenty, I think? As long as no OC or anything crazy.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I would get a Corsar CX500M. It's under $60. Or go with the non-modular (no M at the end) for even less.

nonononononon pls not, my cx600 died after 3 weeks and many people seems to have problems with the cheap corsair psus and also some HX ones

nonononononon pls not, my cx600 died after 3 weeks and many people seems to have problems with the cheap corsair psus and also some HX ones

This, Get like a r9 280

280x

That's not what this thread's about...

This, Get like a r9 280

The R9 280 is weaker than the GTX 960.

280x

The R9 280X is only marginally faster than the 960 on 1080p, unless you can find the 280X for as cheap or cheaper than the 960, not including rebates, don't waste your time.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The R9 280X is only marginally faster than the 960 on 1080p, unless you can find the 280X for as cheap or cheaper than the 960, not including rebates, don't waste your time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150705&cm_re=280x-_-14-150-705-_-Product

3GB Vram = future proofing

Stahp pls tyvm

hey, i had stopped here

too shay, Let me see what i can find

EDIT: heres a semi-modular 750w 80+ bronze EVGA PSU http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=97306&vpn=110-B1-0750-VR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1424

but then he/she continued

Looks good. But is it good?

It's an independent regulated made by ATNG with semi-modularity. From an electrical standpoint, it will offer much better electrical performance than entry level, group-regulated PSUs like Corsair CX, Seasonic S12II / M12II - Bronze 380-620w, EVGA 500/600B, etc. Quality-wise, it uses Teapo on the secondary which is acceptable and better than the ones in the Corsair CX.

I would say it's a good PSU in the price point you had set that is available in your country. Here's a review on the 650w version: http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/fractal-design-integra-m-650w-review/

I'm sorry about your experience, however, I have installed nearly 40+ of those Corsair PSUs (CX430-600) in clients' (budget) PCs and I have had these results:

0 - DoA

1 - Problems within 6 months (which, was negligibly even Corsair's fault)

3 - Problems within 12 months

1 - Fatal Issue(s) with/surrounding the PSU itself

Keep in mind, that's out of roughly 44-46 builds... Not bad. Only 1 (the fatal issue) really even serves the right of a "complaint" as it was totally the PSU's fault. And one of the 3 that went within 12/mo period I would say would also be due to a 'faulty' PSU. That's 2 out of 45. (avg)

Take this info as you want to. Just my experience!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

It's an independent regulated made by ATNG with semi-modularity. From an electrical standpoint, it will offer much better electrical performance than entry level, group-regulated PSUs like Corsair CX, Seasonic S12II / M12II - Bronze 380-620w, EVGA 500/600B, etc. Quality-wise, it uses Teapo on the secondary which is acceptable and better than the ones in the Corsair CX.

I would say it's a good PSU in the price point you had set that is available in your country. Here's a review on the 650w version: http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/fractal-design-integra-m-650w-review/

I'm probably going to buy it. Tyvm dude!

It's $209 with a rebate. Not everybody likes or is OK with doing a rebate.

The cheapest 960 can be had for $190 without a rebate.

3GB Vram = future proofing

uses the term "future proofing" = has no clue what he's talking about

Even on 1440p, you don't see the real advantage of VRAM between the 280X and the 960.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.