Power went out, and then I couldn't detect my SSD

As the title say, the power went out the other day, and then I couldn't find it anymore in bios. The weird thing is that it came back to life after like 10 reboots, without changing anything. Is there something wrong with my drive, or is this something that happens if you don't turn of your computer correctly? 

its a wierd thing but you can reborn it try to connect it to a diffrent SATA port

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

GG dat Toronto blackout too pro?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Hmmm... sounds like its Time for you to invest in a "USP" my friend

I use this one

there is also a 1000w model

Or a power surge protector, got my PS/2 port and keyboard fried last month, hope it won't happen again with a PSP.

It could be your CMOS, try and clear it. Also don't you use an  Uninterruptible Power Supply with your electronics, it helps with these very same issues.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I tried to connect it to a different sata port, but to no avail. The rebirth was after I moved it back to the initial port. And no, I don't have an ups, and I don't really see any reason to get one as I do not store anything important on my computer only. However I do use a power surge protector. 

I tried to connect it to a different sata port, but to no avail. The rebirth was after I moved it back to the initial port. And no, I don't have an ups, and I don't really see any reason to get one as I do not store anything important on my computer only. However I do use a power surge protector. 

A UPS is not only for back up power but to protect you sensitive electrical components, in your case your SSD, from all sorts of power issues ranging from low voltage to power spikes, a surge protector is only sufficient up to a specific amount of joules but to each his own.  

Hmmm... sounds like its Time for you to invest in a "USP" my friend

I use this one

there is also a 1000w model

UPS you mean! :D

Uninterruptible Power Supply ;)

Proud to be from Belgium.

A UPS is not only for back up power but to protect you sensitive electrical components, in your case your SSD, from all sorts of power issues ranging from low voltage to power spikes, a surge protector is only sufficient up to a specific amount of joules but to each his own.  

I know the theory, but seeing as this is my first power related problem with my computers after several thousand of usage hours I just don't see how it would be worth the money. 

I know the theory, but seeing as this is my first power related problem with my computers after several thousand of usage hours I just don't see how it would be worth the money. 

Well Personally I use my PC to code and do other homework  and because I quite often forget to save my work my UPS have saved my bacon a couple of time and it also saves me when i'm flashing my bios and installing windows.

IMO it worth the money it's a long term invesment for me personally.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Well Personally I use my PC to code and do other homework  and because I quite often forget to save my work my USP have saved my bacon a couple of time and it also saves me when i'm flashing my bios and installing windows.

IMO it worth the money it's a long term invesment for me personally.

Well put Loepa. It only takes one power outage while flashing your UEFI or the high surge of power when it comes back to spoil some part/s of your PC. Also a UPS provides "clean" power to your system as long as you have current.  

Well put Loepa. It only takes one power outage while flashing your UEFI or the high surge of power when it comes back to spoil some part/s of your PC. Also a UPS provides "clean" power to your system as long as you have current.  

Yeah.

I'd rather pay 70-100$ worth of UPS rather than spoil my Bios or any of my PC component and wasting my time getting a new one.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

UPS you mean! :D

Uninterruptible Power Supply ;)

That's what I get for posting on my phone at work haha.... auto correct fail