HyperX Cloud I sounds a little off.

Tommy
Go to solution Solved by Majestic,

What exactly would I do? This is all I have to work with as I don't have a good sound card.

http://gyazo.com/aec6fcc8ffcbdff8ec0915821bec55b3

The preset which gives you a bit of a V-shape (or make one custom). That's probably the sound signature your old headset had.

I usually don't touch EQ, as I like flat response. But hey, to each his own.

Hi, I got a pair of HyperX Clouds a few days ago, the sound feels a little off, I'm not really an audiophile, but I can tell there is a difference between these and my old Siberia V2s. 

As they are new it could be that they haven't been burned in, though they have probably had around 18 hours of audio going through them, so I'm not sure. I saw on the Tek Syndicate cideo that they have a high impedance, I do not have any special audio equipment like DAC, soundcard or amp. Would any of these help? It just feels like its a little flat and sometimes feels quiet even though it's loud? I can't really explain it very well. 

If I do need anything extra do you have any recommendations? Like I said I am by no means an audio expert.

Thanks.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

No, it's probably just how music is supposed to sound. YOur headset probably had more of a happy-EQ setting. If you miss that type of sound, just adjust your soundcard EQ to a V-shape.

Hi, I got a pair of HyperX Clouds a few days ago, the sound feels a little off, I'm not really an audiophile, but I can tell there is a difference between these and my old Siberia V2s. 

As they are new it could be that they haven't been burned in, though they have probably had around 18 hours of audio going through them, so I'm not sure. I saw on the Tek Syndicate cideo that they have a high impedance, I do not have any special audio equipment like DAC, soundcard or amp. Would any of these help? It just feels like its a little flat and sometimes feels quiet even though it's loud? I can't really explain it very well. 

If I do need anything extra do you have any recommendations? Like I said I am by no means an audio expert.

Thanks.

they are 60 ohm headphones, which means they will be 3 decibels quieter than many other headphones. it isn't huge, but an inexpensive DAC+AMP combo would give you more overhead when the bass gets heavy or explosive.

I find that whenever I switch headphones, they sound very weird for the first week until my ears adjust to them.

but an inexpensive DAC+AMP combo would give you more overhead when the bass gets heavy or explosive.

What does that even mean.

I find that whenever I switch headphones, they sound very weird for the first week until my ears adjust to them.

Your brain*

No, it's probably just how music is supposed to sound. YOur headset probably had more of a happy-EQ setting. If you miss that type of sound, just adjust your soundcard EQ to a V-shape.

What exactly would I do? This is all I have to work with as I don't have a good sound card.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

The preset which gives you a bit of a V-shape (or make one custom). That's probably the sound signature your old headset had.

Thanks man, I think I found one I like, at least for one genre :P

they are 60 ohm headphones, which means they will be 3 decibels quieter than many other headphones. it isn't huge, but an inexpensive DAC+AMP combo would give you more overhead when the bass gets heavy or explosive.

Stop, drop, and roll.

What does that even mean.

Your brain*

the first part. basically bass requires a lot of power to make it feel powerful.

the second part, yes you are correct, it is my brain that adjusts, I was just being colloquial

-snip-

Ummm.....care to explain how this sentence come to existence

they are 60 ohm headphones, which means they will be 3 decibels quieter than many other headphones

??

the first part. basically bass requires a lot of power to make it feel powerful.

Sorry, but that isn't how it works. Very common misconception but frequency response does not change with more power. In fact, many headphones are easiest to drive in the bass because that is where the natural resonance of the drivers is.

Sorry, but that isn't how it works. Very common misconception but frequency response does not change with more power. In fact, many headphones are easiest to drive in the bass because that is where the natural resonance of the drivers is.

Easier to excite yes, but harder to dampen.

Easier to excite yes, but harder to dampen.

If the headphone is designed properly it should dampen itself. Low output impedance takes care of the rest. Power isn't required to dampen the driver.