GTX 970 problem fixed?

edmund306

No it wouldn't be... It is still faster than putting it to system memory. 

Read the GTX 970 section of my vRAM guide. I'm not up to explaining why locking it off is a good idea right now, and it's already been explained there.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

To be honest i run 2 970s and if it does go over 3.5GB . Not that i see a drop in frames but i mostly turn off AA because i rarely see a difference and it makes a good difference both to frames and mem usage. Dyling light for example is so much better with Film Grain effect motion blur and AA off but doesnt use 3.5GB still at 4k 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

I hope not :( I ran the witcher 2 on ultra (no ubersampling) with an increase fov mod as well as 2k textures...on my old 7870 I was getting 55-60fps. Lets hope my 970 can max it yet again, and use under 3.5Gb of vram xD

It should be fine.  CDPR said that 980 will get 60 FPS, and a 970 OC can obtain parity with the 980 stock.