Ideas to cool down computer room?

orangecat

So i have a fairly powerful system its not a extreme rig or nothing but its pretty damn good at gaming but my room gets soooo warm to the point where i would rather not use my computer and sit downstairs where my ps3 and AC are. Its like summer temps outside so that means high 80s and mid 90s sometimes and its been real humid. keeping the window open sometimes isn't the best thing so any ideas on how to cool my room without a ac upstairs?

So i have a fairly powerful system its not a extreme rig or nothing but its pretty damn good at gaming but my room gets soooo warm to the point where i would rather not use my computer and sit downstairs where my ps3 and AC are. Its like summer temps outside so that means high 80s and mid 90s sometimes and its been real humid. keeping the window open sometimes isn't the best thing so any ideas on how to cool my room without a ac upstairs?

downclock/undervolt everything in it?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

downclock/undervolt everything in it?

tried that but since I am running a Z68 board and a ivy bridge cpu the bios is very..... meh and buggy so that dosent work its currently clocked at 4.4ghz but even at the stock 3.4 it gets warm but at idle the cpu is fine.

Get one of those window units if you can. Those are the things they use on houses that don't have central air. 

If you can't get one of those see if you can get a smaller version that just cools one room. 

GHETTO COOL IT. Basically open the side panel then make a fan face it.

Giving people air since never.

Didnt you just post this a while ago?

All the fans and put them everywhere. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Didnt you just post this a while ago?

All the fans and put them everywhere. 

I do recognize this thread. I think it was someone else who posted it but it is the exact same question. 

his pc isn't getting too hot, his room is ;)

Pshh I knew thatt 

Giving people air since never.

Put your put your pc downstairs where the ac is and just just have 100 foot extenders to everything connected to it :) then no heat will be generated

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Put a pipe heading from exhausts to your window with a fan pulling at the other end lol

Put ice in your butt and fart a lot.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Use AC?

Interested in Business and Technology

MG2R, on 09 Jul 2013 - 2:40 PM, said:

He won't die at all. The air around you contains more than 75% of nitrogen and it is one of the most abundant resources on the planet.

And going past those 75%, it will make you suffocate and die. More or less the same effect as Carbon Monoxide.

All the caution rules are not for nothing. I do a lot of Ln2 overclocking, and I've seen some event organizations, when you see all "Air Exchanger" test to see if the area is well ventilated, that's not for the fun.

Edit : If this post doesn't convince you, here is a quote from wikipedia

As liquid nitrogen evaporates it will reduce the oxygen concentration in the air and might act as an asphyxiant, especially in confined spaces. Nitrogen is odorless, colorless, and tasteless and may produce asphyxia without any sensation or prior warning.

And going past those 75%, it will make you suffocate and die. More or less the same effect as Carbon Monoxide.

All the caution rules are not for nothing. I do a lot of Ln2 overclocking, and I've seen some event organizations, when you see all "Air Exchanger" test to see if the area is well ventilated, that's not for the fun.

Edit : If this post doesn't convince you, here is a quote from wikipedia

Interesting, thanks for the info! :)

Better be careful then...

I have the same problem, I hate summer , i had to resort to turning of my firewall and any extra computers to try and reduce the heat output. However i was told that my parents will buy me AC if i get a job, anyone want to employ me on a 0 hour contract?

if you can, move your comp near to ac

if you can drill holes in wall/floor

get some 25ft hdmj / usb cable+hub and run your comp tower in another room.

so your room will geg about 20watts from your lcd and periferals while the other room gets 1000 watts of computer power and noise.

it isn t a joke btw i did it at my house...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

if you can, move your comp near to ac

if you can drill holes in wall/floor

get some 25ft hdmj / usb cable+hub and run your comp tower in another room.

so your room will geg about 20watts from your lcd and periferals while the other room gets 1000 watts of computer power and noise.

it isn t a joke btw i did it at my house...

a friend did that, but put his rig in a freezer

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

the freezer part isn t a good idea tho, a freezer inst made to handle a continuous heat load (it should be able to cycle on and off ) that freezer will probably burn out in a week...

just not beeing in the same room should solve OP s problem.

btw i put mine in the laundry room cauz noise/ heat doesn t matter there. I also put it on a shelf for the safety against water leaks...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Create a cross breeze in your room, but this will invite in more dust depending on how you set it up.  

Live in Alaska or northern Canada....

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.