Make apple earpods work better on airplane?

CatzRuleZWorld

I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow and the only earbuds/headphones I have are apple earpods. I'm going to be playing HL2 and listening to music on the airplane and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can make the earpods block out some noise so I don't have to have them turned most of the way up then have my ears start hurting half way through the flights. Something to make them seal tight? Any ideas?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Which apple earpods are they?

I have the older ones and I wear them with the actual speaker facing away from the back of my head. It seals a lot of noise.

System: Thinkpad T460

Duct-tape.jpg

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Which apple earpods are they?

I have the older ones and I wear them with the actual speaker facing away from the back of my head. It seals a lot of noise.

I did not know there were more than one generation of apple earpods. Are you referring to apple earBUDs? If so, they're not the same thing...

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

I did not know there were more than one generation of apple earpods. Are you referring to apple earBUDs? If so, they're not the same thing...

Yup my mistake

Have no idea about those...

System: Thinkpad T460

Probably anything that would actually work would require a trip to the store, at which point you might as well buy in-ears.

You could try using one of those ski pull down wool hats, chances are you got at least one lying around. Pull it all the way over the ear. If still not enough isolation, stick a pair of cotton balls in between. That's the best I could think of.

Stop by at the airport at any store and buy a cheap in ear, not earbud if you can. 

DONE! :D

Anything will be better than Apple earbuds, i can assure you.

Stop by at the airport at any store and buy a cheap in ear, not earbud if you can.

DONE! :D

Anything will be better than Apple earbuds, i can assure you.

The new ones are pretty good

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Have a pair of ear muffs laying around?

this is what I do when mowing the lawn.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

For a second I thought you were wanting them to sound better when your device is on airplane mode.  *Eye twitch*

Try to put them a bit further up your ears, perhaps?  Earmuffs could be a viable option without looking too out of place as well.

...Ooh!  Maybe, if you have the time and resources, plastidip them to increase their volume (as in space taken up, not sound level), maybe leaving less of a physical leakage in your ears?

[witty signature]