Cyanogen CEO wants you to “calm the f*** down” regarding delayed OnePlus One Lollipop update

So I had some time to think this over, and I am simply lost with what you are trying to say.

You went back to the argument of context, despite the fact that I already told you it wasn't applicable. Let's get to semantics here for a minute; when you say of something being taken out of context, you are implying some sort of deliberate action from the claimant. This is not quite what is happening here, and overall irrelevant to the subject matter at hand. Another possible interpretation I see is that of relative observation, which is moot for a discussion as it is basically a statement of the absolute obvious.

You can be have open communication with your internet communities, but it still needs to be done under reasonable limits. Let me repeat once again that in Twitter, there is no such thing as a group chat or PM. You either communicate with everybody or nobody at all. When you are making a "personal" Tweet to somebody, the target recipient of the message is no longer just the person, but also the rest of the Internet. This is part of the reason that Phil Fish got the notoriety that he did.

For example, suppose I run an arbitrary business called "TurkeyDooDoo Solutions". If I send a Tweet to an arbitrary person named Steve with the likes of "please stay out of my personal matters", I will end up infuriating a good amount of people, as many would interpret it as corporate censorship, and this is ultimately very bad for my PR.

All in all, we are once again looking at this matter in completely different angles, leading to an evident impasse.

He told a small group of people who were arguing back and forth to "calm the fuck down", people being the retards they are on the web decide to take that comment and spin it so it appears he's speaking to everyone. This is "out of context" dunno how hard this is to understand.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

He told a small group of people who were arguing back and forth to "calm the fuck down", people being the retards they are on the web decide to take that comment and spin it so it appears he's speaking to everyone. This is "out of context" dunno how hard this is to understand.

He has decided to communicate personally via a network designed for public broadcasting. When you are posting a Tweet, you are by definition speaking to everybody and anybody who can read the message.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

He has decided to communicate personally via a network designed for public broadcasting. When you are posting a Tweet, you are by definition speaking to everybody and anybody who can read the message.

So? if i tell a group in a crowded party their being a bunch of dicks and ppl overhear me, does it mean im saying the whole party are a bunch of dicks ? No. Actually keep what he's saying in context and stop doing what everyone else is doing by taking it out of context and saying he's addressing everyone. Doesn't matter where it's been said, unless you are illiterate, a retard or a shit stirrer it's clear to see who he's speaking to and why.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

NO. I thought you were ok before this thread. WTF... He specifically REPLIED to a group of people. To put it into something you may understand. Imagine him going down a street and seeing 3 people arguing about it, in public. He steps close and tells those 3 people to calm the fuck down. Some SJW records only that part on tape, and frames him for telling everyone in that street to calm the fuck down. 

Do you see how stupid this is? (@LAwLz i thought you needed a hand here xD)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

-snip-

-snip-

As I said, we are at an impasse; you are seeing this in the perspective of the people seeing the message, while I was looking at the prespective of Twitter itself. You still need some level of professionalism in the network platform, and with the pace of how it works, people usually do not get the whole story unless they dig deep enough. This is all I have left to say about the matter; before this gets heated and personal, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

As I said, we are at an impasse; you are seeing this in the perspective of the people seeing the message, while I was looking at the prespective of Twitter itself. You still need some level of professionalism in the network platform, and with the pace of how it works, people usually do not get the whole story unless they dig deep enough. This is all I have left to say about the matter; before this gets heated and personal, let's just agree to disagree and move on.

I know exactly what you mean, it's still perfectly fine, and it's amazing you can't see (in it's context) why that is.

Well you say that, but the matter of the fact is that Phandroid decided to take the quote out of context. If they had just posted the entire conversation it would have been clear from the start. It is not the CEO's fault someone took his quote out of context, it's the fault of the authors of the articles.

This situation is almost completely fabricated, and you have to "dig deep" because the truth has been twisted by the media, not by the CEO. I don't understand how you can still blame the CEO for journalists taking his quote out of context and not telling the whole story.

Just look at the headline of this thread and on Phandroid:

"Cyanogen CEO wants you to “calm the f*$! down” regarding delayed OnePlus One Lollipop update"

The bold, underline part is a complete lie, unless you were one of the 6 people he tagged in the message. He was clearly speaking directly two a few selected people and then Phandroid decided that "let's just say that he said it to everyone because that will give us more hits".

Since it was a direct message the tweet won't even show up in his regular timeline.

Blame the media for the sensationalistic headline and the quote taken out of context, not the CEO.