Calling all watch aficionados!

Evostatic343

ive developed a little obsession for fine timepieces and have started a mass drop poll for 1000-2500$ swiss watches. What I'm asking for is your opinion and for you to add suggestions to the poll.

SHARE LINK: dro.ps/v/EhM9VRG

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

There are a few problems I see with this..

1. I don't think most people can afford/want to buy four figure watches on Massdrop. There is a sub $200 watch on Massdrop right now and its only sold 75 units. I don't really see Massdrop as the place where people would go buy expensive watches in high demand.

2. You think TAG Heuer will be willing to send over watches at a discount for a group buy? It'll kinda ruin the whole prestige of the watch wouldnt it?

3. Kinda goes with #2. If you do manage to get some watch company to send Massdrop watches, don't think you'll be getting that much of a discount on them. High end companies usually sell their items at very high prices because they know people will buy them.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, but those are my two cents. I'm no watch connoisseur (I'm fine with my $100 Citizen), so maybe there is a high demand for expensive watches, who knows. 

Edit: Sorry if that sounded rude, I didnt mean for it to be but reading back I sounded a bit douchey

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

1. I don't think most people can afford/want to buy four figure watches on Massdrop. There is a sub $200 watch on Massdrop right now and its only sold 75 units. I don't really see Massdrop as the place where people would go buy expensive watches in high demand.

2. You think TAG Heuer will be willing to send over watches at a discount for a group buy? It'll kinda ruin the whole prestige of the watch wouldnt it?

3. Kinda goes with #2. If you do manage to get some watch company to send Massdrop watches, don't think you'll be getting that much of a discount on them. High end companies usually sell their items at very high prices because they know people will buy them.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, but those are my two cents. I'm no watch connoisseur (I'm fine with my $100 Citizen), so maybe there is a high demand for expensive watches, who knows.

Edit: Sorry if that sounded rude, I didnt mean for it to be but reading back I sounded a bit douchey

Ok I see your point. But why not try? Who does it hurt and what do we loose?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

3. Kinda goes with #2. If you do manage to get some watch company to send Massdrop watches, don't think you'll be getting that much of a discount on them. High end companies usually sell their items at very high prices because they know people will buy them.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, but those are my two cents. I'm no watch connoisseur (I'm fine with my $100 Citizen), so maybe there is a high demand for expensive watches, who knows.

Also there is a 1200$ watch on mass drop for sale at the moment.

Ok I see your point. But why not try? Who does it hurt and what do we loose?

I guess you can go ahead and try. Just know that to even get Massdrop to talk to the watch companies, you have to get over 3000 (IIRC) votes. And even if that does happen, there is still a chance that the watch companies won't do it

Regardless, Good luck! :D

Also there is a 1200$ watch on mass drop for sale at the moment.

Oh is there? So I guess there is a chance then :P I only see a $500 one on there, and its only sold 2 though.. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I guess you can go ahead and try. Just know that to even get Massdrop to talk to the watch companies, you have to get over 3000 (IIRC) votes. And even if that does happen, there is still a chance that the watch companies won't do it

Regardless, Good luck! :D

Oh is there? So I guess there is a chance then :P I only see a $500 one on there, and its only sold 2 though..

The 500$ one your seeing is 1200$ retail but is 50 something % off

The 500$ one your seeing is 1200$ retail but is 50 something % off

Oh wow! Thats surprising.. 

If thats the case, I would say go for it! :D

As for suggestions, you're gonna have to ask someone else.. cause those watches are still too expensive for me :P

I would answer but you're an dirty IE user.... but dude, if an watch is 50 percent off and you could get it? Get it and sell it = profit. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I got a gold watch for my 21st birthday, 10 years later its still on my wrist. I think its one of the few situations where its good to go overboard because you can enjoy the watch for many many years to come and maybe even leave it to someone special in your will.