Foobar2000: how to sort by album artist?

I love foobar, but one thing that continually pisses me off is how it's organized, as I cannot organize by album artist, and albums become split because they have 2 artists in them, can someone help me with this? I have looked everywhere to no avail, help pl0x.

http://brother-john.net/tagz/create-colour-scheme.html

you can do ANYTHING with foobar! If you can SCRIPT it that is...

EDIT: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31509

this looks like a good one to start with. I'm still using the defunked Azreal. I'm old...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Just change the metadata and install columns UI, add an album artist column. Not very hard.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Just change the metadata and install columns UI, add an album artist column. Not very hard.

Columns UI has some nice "get you started" designs.  I use one of them.  With a lot of silly extras.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Columns UI has some nice "get you started" designs.  I use one of them.  With a lot of silly extras.

Works for me.

post-2523-0-96671200-1373346404_thumb.pn

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Works for me.

you have Pendulum and Prodigy?

nice work my friend

yo, how do you install this?

You'll need the columnsUI plugin.  You just drop it inside the components folder in your foobar install.  It's available here:

http://yuo.be/columns.php

Then you can either use one of the default playlist view setups on its setup page or install that custom theme into the folder and modify it from there.

You'll probably want quite a few of the foobar components, actually.

Works for me.

What theme is that?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

What theme is that?

It's just columns UI.

It's just columns UI.

I see. I'll check this out later when I get home. It doesn't look like this layout has playlist tabs or drop down. I'm presuming you can add one with this layout correct?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I see. I'll check this out later when I get home. It doesn't look like this layout has playlist tabs or drop down. I'm presuming you can add one with this layout correct?

You can, when you install the theme and open fb2k for the first time it gives you a layout wizard, or you can do it manually.

You can, when you install the theme and open fb2k for the first time it gives you a layout wizard, or you can do it manually.

Yeah. It has been a long time since I have used columns_ui. Why have I stopped using this?

edit: Can you import layouts? I'm just going to be lazy here and see if you can share yours.

Hey there guys I just started using Foobar as well. Loving it so far! But can someone tell me if there is a way to sort all my top rated songs? Like in itunes they have a tab where all your top rated songs are.

Yeah. It has been a long time since I have used columns_ui. Why have I stopped using this?

edit: Can you import layouts? I'm just going to be lazy here and see if you can share yours.

pls respond

pls respond

haha, pls respond  :P

I've attached one with playlists on the left side. Just extract the .zip somewhere and import it in f2k preferences. Make sure you have the columns UI .dll in your components folder.

fb2klayout.zip

haha, pls respond  :P

I've attached one with playlists on the left side. Just extract the .zip somewhere and import it in f2k preferences. Make sure you have the columns UI .dll in your components folder.

Thanks m8. I have to reinstall windows because of eventually I get constant freezing :( but I'm going to set this up afterwards. I did download the playlist dropdown so I may play with that. I'm glad you found humor out of that post :)