will i see massive difference in between these 2 cpus?

£50 difference

eaither the xeon 1230 e3 or the i5 4460 both locked cpu what ones better ile be using for gaming some edditing and some streaming is it worth the extra 50?

I would go for the 4460 if it's the cheaper one, performs fine on a H97 board.

They don't have the same socket. The xeon is LGA 1155. With that said, the Xeon has hyperthreading so it'll be better for editing and streaming but it's a generation older. the Xeon 1231 V3 would be better. 

The xeon has hyperthhreading and no iGpu. 

This is handy to compare specs

If you do streaming and some editing the hyperthreading could come in quite handy, me thinks. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

If you go with the e3 1246 v3 it does have igpu and would be good for just about anything you need to do. It'll give you i7 performance at a little more than i5 price. Just a thought.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

The Xeon E3-1230V3 if that's the CPU you're talking about OP, yes this one has hyper-threading and is noticeably better at most things, including better in games as well...it's worth the extra £50 to some extent , but not if you have to cheap out on your GPU in order to afford it.

Also the 1230V3 is NOT haswell refresh therefore IT DOES work on H81/H87/B85 motherboards out of the box where as the i5-4460 IS haswell refresh and you'd need a (slightly more expensive) H97 chipset board if you want to make sure it works out of the box.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It depends what you're spending on GPU. If you're going any lower than GTX 970/R9 290x, then get the i5 and step up to a better GPU. If you're getting a GTX 970/R9 290x or better and have the extra money to spare, the CPU is the next place to put your money, so go for the Xeon E3.