that was weird

Krml
Go to solution Solved by CubeSat Guy,

RSI is pulling off an April 1st joke. The whole website has transformed to talk about sealife and fishes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight. There even are new ship variants called Pisces etc.

Welcome to the land of mods.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@  LOL. I have minimized the game, when I managed to bring it back to full screen this popped out. Fish act like in the tank but take space of the entire middle platform. I think I have the biggest fish tank in the verse! It would be cool for hangar party :D

go look at the ships specs page at the end. they may have changed a few things there too

Nope. Subnautica meets Star Citizen?

@ Damn it, I got fooled? hehehe or is it coincidence? Confused :lol:

edit.

Ok YES I did :P Nice one CIG!

Oh wow, they go really far with this joke. All those new ships! :o

They even have what looks like the delivery ship from Futurama with a size 6 manned turret and size 10 main thruster :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Hehe thanks @rentaspoon, glad you are putting your rig back together before saturday :)

@Wauthar yeah they did, I like the wing commander Dralthi too Lol

Aww I miss out on that :(

I would pay to have fish with breathing apparatus floating in zero g

Just in case you missed it

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14634-Around-The-Verse-Episode-2654

Still somewhat saddened that they didn't use a singing fish. Sort of put that pic up, then 10 seconds after you stare it it, it wiggles and sings. I would have lost it, lol. Pity, they did what they could though.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Just so you know its April 1st.  I believe all this has to do with that. Check RSI website.

edit: i didnt read the whole thread someone already commented.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Still somewhat saddened that they didn't use a singing fish. Sort of put that pic up, then 10 seconds after you stare it it, it wiggles and sings. I would have lost it, lol. Pity, they did what they could though.

I would laugh so hard on a singing fish, maybe next year?

I would laugh so hard on a singing fish, maybe next year?

Best if the song was from the singing frog skit. Honestly, this is the classic rick roll, before Rick Astley.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

I actually find this aggravating. They can put fish floating in our hangars but they can't even give us guns to shoot each other with.

I actually find this aggravating. They can put fish floating in our hangars but they can't even give us guns to shoot each other with.

It's not actually that hard to just modify the code to allow what is already in the game to go where it isn't bounded to. All they did was change the hangar to a large fish tank and had the flying fish. It likely only took one or two bored people an hour at max. There is a major difference between fully implementing something from scratch to tinkering something already existing for a little bit of fun.

Most of the actual work on this April fools joke was done by the community and publicity side of SC, not the development. I sincerely doubt that it had any detriment on the actual progress of the game. 

As for the actual fps portion. It is mostly done, but it was quite poorly received by those at pax east. They had far too few gaming ports to allow enough people to play, their game wasn't at the revision they wanted, and they realized that releasing now would be worse than waiting. Adding new or better animations, fixing bugs, cleaning up the mechanics, and so on. Game development is not something that should be rushed. I've had enough clear and utter shite from companies like EA, Bethesda, and even Ubisoft releasing buggy wastes of space for full price only to never fully fix the issues. If they need time, I say let them use it.

Still new, but learning

probably something that's been in the game for a while, tbh I didn't think it was that funny but it might be something good for the staffs morale.