FX-8530 or FX-8520

Hi,

I am going to be building my first PC this summer and I am in the process of picking the parts and I was wondering if there is really any noticeable difference between these two processors or whether I should just go for the slightly cheaper FX-8350?

Thanks,

British_Monarchy

Hi,

I am going to be building my first PC this summer and I am in the process of picking the parts and I was wondering if there is really any noticeable difference between these two processors or whether I should just go for the slightly cheaper FX-8350?

Thanks,

British_Monarchy

Gaming? i5 4440.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you have the AM3+ motherboard already, I would get the 8350 because the 8520 is like an overclocked version out of the box. If you don't have the motherboard, I would get a cheap h81 with an i5 4440. Which will be on par with the 8350 but cheaper. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

locked i5 and cheap mobo for gaming

But if you absolutely have to, personally I would prefer the FX 8320 to the 8350 and invest in overclock it further down the line.

You need a good mobo though.

I have an i5-4440 and an H81. Trust me you will thank yourself for spending the money.

If you have the AM3+ motherboard already, I would get the 8350 because the 8520 is like an overclocked version out of the box. If you don't have the motherboard, I would get a cheap h81 with an i5 4440. Which will be on par with the 8350 but cheaper. 

*I would get the FX 8320 because the 8350 is like an OC version*

An i5-4440 would be a much better choice.

That is a little above my price range, I need to really get it under £800 with peripherals as this will be my first build so I am looking to AMD to be my saviour.

FX-8320E is cheaper than both and has an improved stepping. You can always overclock to FX-8350 frequencies easily out of the box.

*I would get the FX 8320 because the 8350 is like an OC version*

shhhh he said 8520 and 8350 not 8320 and 8350. 

lol it doesn't exist tho

Oh, my mistake. I'm sorry for being misleading. 

That is a little above my price range, I need to really get it under £800 with peripherals as this will be my first build so I am looking to AMD to be my saviour.

Including an OS, Monitor, Keyboard/mouse ? yes.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

AMD will not be your savior with CPU's :P

What motherboard do you have chosen with the i5 and how is it over budget?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sorry, too many numbers swilling around my head, I meant the 8350 (£102.49) or the 8320 (£109.00)

dont want to break your boat, but may I ask why AMD? what do you plan doing with that computer? gaming? streaming? autocading? photoshop? 

in any case, i'd recommend intel. being on an AMD myself, I regret not going for the Intel chipset LGA 1150 CPUs. they offer better performance per core.

if you're on a budget, with a good Z97 mobo, you can simply upgrade your CPU. you can start low with a dual-core Pentium G3258 and overclock it with an aftermarket cooler. 

then upgrade it to an i5 or i7.

Am3+ is kinda dead.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Including an OS, Monitor, Keyboard/mouse ? yes.

Yeah, so in reality it is more of a £600 build

Something along those lines? should leave enough room for peripherals:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£143.94 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£60.34 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£51.38 @ CCL Computers)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.79 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (£258.99 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case (£23.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ More Computers)

Total: £628.42

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-31 20:30 BST+0100

This play games better than anything AMD has on the market today.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

dont want to break your boat, but may I ask why AMD? what do you plan doing with that computer? gaming? streaming? autocading? photoshop? 

in any case, i'd recommend intel. being on an AMD myself, I regret not going for the Intel chipset LGA 1150 CPUs. they offer better performance per core.

if you're on a budget, with a good Z97 mobo, you can simply upgrade your CPU. you can start low with a dual-core Pentium G3258 and overclock it with an aftermarket cooler. 

then upgrade it to an i5 or i7.

Am3+ is kinda dead.

Mainly gaming but also mechanics modeling for university. Would and i3 work as well as the Pentium as I don't want ot ruin the overclocking on my first build

Mainly gaming but also mechanics modeling for university. Would and i3 work as well as the Pentium as I don't want ot ruin the overclocking on my first build

the Core i3 is much better than a pentium G3258...but my post above ^^ is worth saving or begging for.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You could shave an extra 30$ going with this as well...same performance...single 8GB stick so you can still upgrade to 16GB if needed in the future, motherboard is cheaper with less connectivity though, i would build the H97 if possible but this would work just as well:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£143.99 @ Ebuyer)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£33.72 @ CCL Computers)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£47.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.79 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card (£258.99 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case (£23.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.99 @ More Computers)

Total: £598.46

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-31 20:33 BST+0100