HTC One M8 screen does not auto-lock

Virtual01
Go to solution Solved by Mew,

I have my phone set to auto-lock the screen after 30 seconds, but it never does so. My screen will stay on until I manually press the lock button. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I don't have any apps that modify anything on my phone except for the vibration pattern so I'm stumped.

Try restarting the phone? Does that only happen in certain apps, like watching a video? Or it even happens on the homescreen or whatnot?

I have my phone set to auto-lock the screen after 30 seconds, but it never does so. My screen will stay on until I manually press the lock button. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I don't have any apps that modify anything on my phone except for the vibration pattern so I'm stumped.

Try restarting the phone? Does that only happen in certain apps, like watching a video? Or it even happens on the homescreen or whatnot?

Yeah restarting it fixed the problem. Don't know why I didn't try that in the first place. I tend to catastrophize my phone problems due to past experiences.