C++ GUI

rufee

Hey guys,

So anyway i am looking for a C++ library or whatever have you to make GUI applications.

I know there are major ones like Qt, GTKmm (wrapper for GTK), wxWidgets and some other one.

However i need to make a GUI window that could be run as sort of a control panel for a 3D engine window for changing its behaviour, i cant make a GUI in the 3D window because it will be used as a screen overlay for a video stream to display real time data. As far as i know all the GUI libraries are event based and i have no idea if they would run in the 3D render loop.

Or maybe i am approaching this from the wrong angle and should look for some overlay solution ?

Oh and i don't want to use Qt because it has its own what looks like an IDE ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Not really knowledgeable on this subject, but from what I would guess wxWidgets should be compatible with a game loop.  The only reason I guess this is from this: http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Making_a_render_loop

Hopefully someone can answer your question better, but the link should be a good starting point from what I gather....might need to adapt your game loop to fit theirs though

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I was thinking of threading them both but then communication would suffer and i have no idea how to do threads properly, another idea is 2 separate programs that communicate using UDP packets in a loopback that would also enable me to use both of them on separate machines.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)